“Jordan House”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Windcliff Properties
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The views from the Jordan house were spectacular! The house was stocked with everything including enough firewood for the entire stay. The staff was friendly and helpful from reservation to check out.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank KAJ-WYO
There are newer reviews for Windcliff Properties

Reviewed June 19, 2012

Words will not do justice to the property we stayed at. We stayed at Alpine Jewel with Windcliff Properties. This may be a little lengthy, but if you are looking for a place to stay and something about Estes Park, it is worth it. I’m not one of those people who just pump things up because I’m a happy sappy person. If it sucks, I let someone know. Check out my pictures if you want. The sunset pics are taken off the deck of the house.

Weather: We stayed there in June of 2012. Weather was perfect (mid to high 70's every day and sunny).

Cleanliness: We have stayed a lot of places all over the country and nearly every time, the first hour or so is listening to my wife complain about how dirty the place is. (of course I really don't care because I'm a guy I guess) Then we buy cleaning products and clean it ourselves. Anyway, not this place. It was spotless! Whoever they use to clean I hope they keep them. Best I've seen.

The view: Wow, the view is one of the best you will see. Rocky Mountains all the way. Sunset behind the mountains was unreal. It is very quiet except for the variety of birds, which was nice. Lots of humming birds that just buzz right up beside you and check you out. I stood on the deck enjoying a Coors Light in the place it was born. Loved it!

The house: It must only be a few years old, because everything was in great shape. It is a log home, which is a nice touch for staying in the mountains. (BTW, if you can’t get this one, check out Awestruck. That was another choice and I hear it is great too). You can tell whoever owns this home is proud of it. Everything is first class from the appliances to the cool mountain furniture. Kitchen well stocked with cooking utensils, plates, etc… If you can get in the room before you go to the store, do so. People leave things like paper towels, salt, pepper, seasonings, etc… Great kitchen. Very nice grill on the deck, which we used a couple of times. It was as clean as the house. Three full floors. My wife and I stayed on the top floor. My son and his fiancé stayed on the middle floor and my daughter stayed on the ground floor. Middle floor is very cool with a pool table and the best bath room, but the top floor has the view and kitchen. Bottom floor is nice too with two bedrooms and lots of space.

Food: Poppy’s Pizza is great! It’s in town, so parking is bit of a pain, but not bad. You will want to walk around downtown anyway. They have individual pizzas, which is more than enough for one person and that way everyone gets what they want. Big selection of toppings and sauces. Must go. Waterfront Grille has one of the best grilled chicken sandwiches you will eat, plus a great view. Rock Inn Mountain Tavern great grilled food. Bread app. Is a rip-off. Smokin’ Dave’s: great BBQ! The Wild Rose sucks! Laura’s (#1 for some reason. Good ice-cream, but come on) Dun Raven Inn was fantastic. Some of the best lasagna I’ve ever had. Got to try it. Make a reservation. BTW, side-note, grocery stores only sell 3.2 beer. Get the real stuff at one of the many liquor stores. There is one right beside Safeway in the pharmacy.

Things to do: You HAVE to drive the trail ridge road. It’s a five or six hour adventure, but worth it. Real close to where we stayed. Enter Rocky Mountain National Park on the east side and drive to the west. Unbelievable views all along the way. Saw huge elk on the east side and moose on the west. There is a place to eat at the top. Good sandwiches. Peak to peak road was cool, but nothing like trail ridge. You end up in the Twilight Zone though if you’re into that. Black Hawk is an old mining town turned casino mecca. They are everywhere. Very strange. Cool ghost town just past there too called Nevadaville I think. If you drive peak to peak, check it out. Went rock climbing with Estes Park Mountain Shop. You have to do this, but you need to be in at least half way decent shape. Rick was our guide. Great guy and very patient. My kids (22, and 25) did better than I (51), but it was fun for all. A great experience! White water rafting: was supposed to go with A1 on the Poudre, but go axed by forest fires. Ended up in Idaho Springs. A lot of fun and good for beginners, but did have some great rapids too. There are spots you can fly out, but not likely. The river was down though. If you decide to do it, there is a place in Estes Park that takes you to the river vs you driving an hour or so to get there. Idaho Springs is two hours. Didn’t get to go hiking, but would have loved to. Walking around the Estes Park lake is so so. Something to do I guess, but not that cool.

Summary: Windcliff Properties folks, the place we stayed, the food, and things to do were all GREAT! Would love to do it again.

Room Tip: Check out the Windcliff website. Alpine Jewel and Awestruck looked best.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank mes250
Reviewed June 7, 2012

We have stayed three times at a Windcliff property and each time was spectacular. We had a three bedroom home, Alleman South. Absolutely spotless with every amenity. The deck overlooked the snowcapped mountains of Rocky Mountain National Park. It was a wonderful place to come back to each evening after snowshoeing or hiking. Kitchen is large and very well equipped.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank cyclist6049
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Windcliff is a great idea, almost like a timeshare without a timeshare. It's location is beautiful and the views are amazing. The home we stayed in for a week was lovely and spacious. But, the beds were dreadful! We actually left a day early because of the lack of rest. We noticed a couple of days into the stay they had tucked several blankets under the fitted sheet on one of the mattresses?? We informed the staff when we left why we were leaving early, the gentleman apologized and said he would inform the owner. Can't blame the staff on this issue as I'm sure it is the owners responsibility. My beef with the staff of Windcliff is the reviews that they remove from their site. I wrote a review on their site a month or so after our stay, went back today to see if anyone had posted anything regarding the beds. My review was gone! I also noticed that every review on their site is positive. I'm guessing they remove anything that isn't 100% positive. So, be warned, any negatives anyone has posted on Windcliff's site has mostly likely been removed.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Olivia P
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We stayed at 'Jordan' which was clean, well equipped and in a great location. Perfect for Rocky Mountain National Park and for Estes Park. It is obviously a well loved family vacation home with everything you need to cook real meals, unlike some rentals which only provide the bare minimum of crockery and utensils. Hot tub is fab after a day hiking the trails.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Nikkisibley
Reviewed July 9, 2011

This was our second time staying at Windcliff. Perfect for our family of 5. Beautiful property, dreamy views, lots of wildlife to watch, even a back entrance to the national park. A lovely home away from home. We will definitely stay here again. I grew up coming to Estes Park in the summers, & this is by far the best place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed October 4, 2010

The rental home we stayed in last year (2009) was fine. No problems. The rental home we stayed in this year (2010) was great! However, the neighbor's wind chimes kept us up at night. In addition we were unable to enjoy the quiet night sky when the wind kicked up. We complained to Windcliff personnel, but they advised that the property with the wind chimes was privately owned. We had to suffer through it. Very disappointing.
We would recommend this area. However, you should ask about neighbor's wind chimes before you book the rental home.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family