“Great Family lunch and dinner”

The Wild Rose Food and Spirit Co.
Ranked #66 of 128 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Great Family lunch and dinner”
Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in Estes for a week and had Lunch & Dinner at our favorite Restaurant .
Service and food was great - loved most Buffalo steak and Fresh Fish selection !
Great place to eat at this restaurant ,

• Visited May 2013

Marion, Illinois, United States
“Good Food and Good Service”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

My family and I stumbled on this place on a Sunday evening. The salad bar is small in terms of selection, buy very good. Considering how large the steaks are (one size generally and very large) you won't need that much salad. Bread was delicious and warm. Our server Dan was very nice and delightful to have. My steak came out as I liked, but my husband who ordered the same sirloin medium-well said his was just a bit over-cooked. One thing I have learned being a Midwesterner is to order your steaks a bit under here in the West, versus what you would get at home.

The decor is a bit dated, but still nice. Still my family enjoyed our meal and would recommend this place to anyone who wants a good meal especially a good steak without the Wild West feel.

• Visited May 2013
“Excellent experience”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

My wife ordered the tortellini, which she said melted in her mouth. I had the beer batter cod (fish and chips) which was one of the specialties and I've never had better. The cod was baked golden brown and the meat was flaky white, superb with a squeeze of fresh lemon and of course malt vinegar on top. The fries were good too. The side salad was fresh veggies, the warm bread complimented it well. The waitress was very attentive and the meals came quickly. We would definitely eat here again.

• Visited April 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Run away!”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I cannot begin to find enough words to describe how terrible this place is. The waitress we had was wonderful, so it's not her fault that the food was awful. We ordered the trout and it was cold and completely tasteless. Sitting in their courtyard with a glass of wine is very nice. Eating there is not.

• Visited April 2013
“Don't! Go!!!!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

So ordered our food and the waiter was nice and everything went downhill after that! My daughter ordered the kid's tortellini. When it came, the waiter explained that he accidentally put in the adult order. The problem here is that the adult portion came with cheese sauce and vegetables. Neither of which my daughter likes. The menu said the children's portion had marinara sauce. When I explained that my daughter tried it but didn't like it, we received an "I'm sorry." When I approached the subject again (after getting my bill and being charged 6.95 for a meal we didnt get) the waiter and waitress explained that the white sauce IS what is on the kids size and the only difference is the portion size and vegetables. When I pointed out that on the menu it says marinara... They told me that they talked to the manager and that is THEIR kind of creamy marinara... Like we are idiots!!! After realizing I was not going to get anywhere ...I shook my head... THEN...the waiter explains to me that he tried to get the manager to take it off the bill but he wouldn't!! Wow!! Bottom line is horrible management! Did I mention my onion rings were burnt and the club sandwich was so dry, lacking cheese or any sauce!! I couldn't even eat it!! Bottom line..... Save your money and don't bother!!! I have NEVER written a review ever, but this was the most disappointing meal I have ever had!!!! I guess they figure most patrons are visitors and won't be back so they can be horrible once u r there!! They are right!! We won't be back there!!