“this is italian?” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian
tucson
“this is italian?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

what a poor excuse for old world food. Aside from the very poor service (ie we had to wait some 20 minutes just to get some water, when the inside temp of the fan cooled place was some ninety plus degrees}, the so called lasagna seemed to ad insult to even a frozen entree (ie watery 'sauce', no meat/sausage to speak of, which also was totally bland, & then too make the dining experience even worse...overcooked noodles.
Never..ever..eat at this 'eatery.

• Visited May 2012

Leesburg, Virginia
“Not like we had in Italy!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2008

I really wanted to like this place. I felt the price was high for the amount of gelato we received. The gelato was too firm, not creamy enough and didn't seem fresh. It didn't have "freezer" taste, but it tasted like it had been sitting a while. It also looked that way too. I have to say, the chocolate flavor did have a nice intense rich chocolate flavor. If the texture and freshness had been better, I could have rated the chocolate a 5 star. The espresso had a strange taste to it that I can't really describe. The forest fruit was yummy, sort of tasted like Costco berry smoothies. But again, not very creamy and not fresh. I also didn't feel the staff was friendly...and the owner was the one who waited on us! So, given all the other frozen treat options in Estes Park, we probably won't return here.

3 Thank Suzibell