“Good, but expensive” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cascades Restaurant at the Stanley Hotel

Cascades Restaurant at the Stanley Hotel
Ranked #22 of 127 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Bar, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Taxi service and in season free trolley service.
Description: Cascades, a Classic American Restaurant and Steakhouse is located in the heart of the historic 103 year-old Stanley Hotel. Join us for, breakfast, lunch or dinner in our comfortable dining room. Stop by for a cocktail in our lounge, as our "bar chefs," handcraft a cocktail from our historic cocktails of yesteryear. Remember the time when lunch was an event, cocktail hour was not to be missed & dinner with friends was a joy.
Louisville, Colorado
“Good, but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Stanley for the weekend, and wanted to try this restaurant because it was convenient with good reviews on TripAdvisor; however, after looking at the menu selections, dinner would have been very expensive ($40 - $60 per person). Therefore, we opted to have breakfast at Cascades.

Our waiter was friendly and attentive. Unfortunately, even breakfast was a little expensive. My wife wanted a 1/2 of grapefruit, which cost $5. A side a bacon (five little pieces) was $5 as well. Coffee was $4.00 per person with unlimited refills. I guess Starbucks has some competition. I had the Denver Omelet (with hash browns and toast) and it was very good, but I'm not sure it was worth $13. Overall, no complaints about the food or service, but like most restaurants inside hotels, the prices will be higher. One last thing, Cascades is not a big restaurant; therefore, reservations is highly recommended.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank willman80027

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Fort Collins, Colorado
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014

We had two lovely meals at the Cascades, one dinner and one breakfast. I am a whiskey lover, and their whiskey selection had me breathless. I had a steak with brussel sprouts and bacon. Steak was cooked perfectly medium rare and melt in your mouth tender, and sprouts were amazing to the point where they almost overshadowed the steak. Had the crab cake special for appetizer - came in a small portion which was disappointing because it was so delicious I could have eaten 20. Dessert was their chocolate cake, which was wonderful. Service was great - very attentive and friendly. Breakfast was also very good, if a little overpriced for breakfast foods. The bacon was some of the best I'd ever had. The biscuits and gravy were amazing. I did end up with a piece of plastic in my food, which the server figured out was from the tubs they store the biscuits in. Funny thing was, I didn't even really care because the food was so good. They gave us a complimentary side and drinks even though we didn't make a big deal out of it. Waitress was super friendly and nice. Both meals were very quiet as there were not many people in the hotel at the time. We had a lovely, warm seat facing the courtyard to watch the snow come down. The restaurant itself is beautifully appointed with gorgeous dark wood and hammered tin ceilings.

• Visited January 2014
Windsor, Colorado
“cascades”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

had the meatloaf, made of organic elk, buffalo and pork covered with a terrific sauce. portion good, not too big, nice presentation and totally delicious!

Visited January 2014
Homestead, Florida
“Over-rated Stanley Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is a historical hotel here in Estes Park. Its is a nice place to visit. We did not do the tour, we didn't like the group of 25 people, just walking around, stopping on stairwell's, etc, to explain the history. We ate at the Cascade restaurant, I'm not saying the food was not good, it was expensive, but nothing out of this world. I was expecting so much more. I had tacos, ( no big deal, nothing special ), and my wife had a turkey wrap that was so dry, she had to ask for mayo. Very over-rated. I was NOT IMPRESSED, in the slightest.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank jim n
Saint Louis, Missouri
“But we wanted a view...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

The Stanley's Christmas Buffet is always fully booked. Years ago, we loved its food, the included mimosas, and the scenic view of the snow-covered Rocky Mountains. So when we arranged to spend this year's holidays in Estes Park, we booked for 4 adults, at $49.95, and figured it would be worth it. Most of the food was just okay, with the best offerings the smoked salmon appetizer, the flaky little croissants, and the dessert table. Service was good but not top-notch, because every table was filled and the servers were kept really busy.

But between making the reservation in October and arriving in December, the cost went to $52.00 per adult. There were no mimosas included - no drinks at all but iced tea. And the view? All the blinds were drawn "because the sunlight is too strong" and even though we asked to open the blinds on the side window, which would have been fine because others there were raised, the "blind was a problem." So there was no ambience - tables were crowded together in a huge room, rather like being in a big warehouse. The Hotel itself was beautifully decorated, and we enjoyed that, but the buffet itself? It was not an exceptional experience, and at that price, I would not go again.

• Visited December 2013