“Best food in Estes Park”

Cascades Restaurant at the Stanley Hotel
Ranked #25 of 135 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Taxi service and in season free trolley service.
Description: Cascades, a Classic American Restaurant and Steakhouse is located in the heart of the historic 103 year-old Stanley Hotel. Join us for, breakfast, lunch or dinner in our comfortable dining room. Stop by for a cocktail in our lounge, as our "bar chefs," handcraft a cocktail from our historic cocktails of yesteryear. Remember the time when lunch was an event, cocktail hour was not to be missed & dinner with friends was a joy.
“Best food in Estes Park”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely the best food in Estes Park. We stopped for lunch and had the pheasants soup, nachos, and the burger. All were excellent. the entire staff was very attentive. We enjoyed the food so much we are going back for a third time during a five-day stay in Estes Park.

• Visited July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Colorado
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The service was excellent & the food was delicious. I asked for a change in my order & the waitress was very accommodating. Several menu items, like their coleslaw, was very different than any I've had before & it was excellent.

Visited July 2013
Fort Myers, Florida
“Decently priced and delicous!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

After a night of ghost hunting, Cascades has a great breakfast menu. I had the poached eggs with Canadian bacon on an English Muffin and it was awesome. They even have an awesome kids menu, so families shouldn't shy away just because of the elegant setting and white tablecloths. They are very welcoming to children. The prices are much better than at most hotel dining as well. Can't wait to come back to the Stanley Hotel and Cascades.

Visited June 2013
“Ate here twice”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We had both lunch and dinner here during our stay at the Stanley Hotel. Service was excellent and the food was great.

1 Thank Kjasina
Clayton, Missouri
“I was skeptical...but I liked it.”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My experience with the grand hotel restaurant in the national park setting has been generally disappointing, and I therefore had low expectations. The food and service were surprisingly very good.

First, the negatives. We had a late dinner, and the restaurant was very loud. Much of the noise came from the adjacent bar, which was very busy. I ordered the Copper River salmon, something I eat regularly, when available, both out and at home. The preparation was nice, but the fish was overlooked, a shame.

The rest was positive. Our server was excellent and very attentive and suggested a perfect wine pairing. The salads were fresh, original and tasty. My son had a strip steak that he enthusiastically devoured. The desserts (Tiramisu and chocolate chip cookies) were solid, not spectacular.

Of course, the setting was the historic and slightly spooky Stanley Hotel, and our dinner there gave an opportunity to revisit the hotel.

Overall, we enjoyed the experience. If I cold do it again, I would specify the salmon to be medium rare.