“Whiskey Bar”

Cascades Restaurant at the Stanley Hotel
Ranked #22 of 128 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Taxi service and in season free trolley service.
Description: Cascades, a Classic American Restaurant and Steakhouse is located in the heart of the historic 103 year-old Stanley Hotel. Join us for, breakfast, lunch or dinner in our comfortable dining room. Stop by for a cocktail in our lounge, as our "bar chefs," handcraft a cocktail from our historic cocktails of yesteryear. Remember the time when lunch was an event, cocktail hour was not to be missed & dinner with friends was a joy.
Fort Collins, Colorado, United States
“Whiskey Bar”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My boyfriend and I took a quick get away (from Fort Collins) for the weekend. Cascades provided exactly what we were looking for. The entire Motel transports you to a different era with class and beautiful ambiance. Jimmy the bartender took ample time out of his busy Saturday evening to educate us on whiskey. It is an obvious passion of his and he loves educating on everything from the distilling process, where it is made, how to taste it and truly how to appreciate it. He suggested we come back in the morning for the breakfast and bloody marys. They too were fantastic with hosue infused vodka of cheery tomatos, basil and peppers.
Breakfast was appropraitely priced and the atmosphere for Saturday night drinks/appetizers and morning brunch were just what were looking for. I highly suggest the Cascades Restaurant if visiting Estes

Visited December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Dallas, Texas
1,172 restaurant reviews
“Go into town for dinner”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

The bar should change its name as it would pull excellent reviews, huge whiskey selections, good staff. Very beautiful bar.
The restaurant on the other hand was just bad all around.
Prawns came with a side of ketchup that they called cocktail sauce. I had the meat loaf and the wife had the bone in rib-eye with steak sauce which tasted like sweet and sour sauce. The waiter was bad, telling us on he couldn't believe that there restaurant wasnt the best food ever. Poor food, poor service its an all around pass.

• Visited November 2012
NY
“Delicious!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012 via mobile

We had a fabulous lunch here. Came for lunch because the prices were more reasonable. I had the rocky mountain trout & it was delicious. We explored the hotel while we were here & took some great pictures. Definitely worth the visit. Oh and a jack Nicholson impersonator was at the bar when we left & really caught us off guard. It was great!

London, Canada
“not great”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had the New York Strip steak which was very fatty. The potatoes were ok. Not as good as a steakhouse chain.

Visited November 2012
Slingerlands, New York
“As it should be for a restaurant of this stature. Not over and above.”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I dined alone, and began with a drink at the bar. The bar is really beautiful, with a lot of wood and marble. They have a cocktail menu, with some of their own design, and some vintage drinks. I had an $11 blood orange margarita, which was below average. It was overly sweet, and somewhat watery. I also think I had the wrong bartender....he looked at me quizzically when I asked for light salt on my glass. His partner seemed much more outgoing.

The dining room is also beautiful, smaller than I imagined. Basket of whole grain bread with olives, and butter topped with "red sea salt from Hawaii". The Cascades salad was a very fresh assortment of field greens, cucumber and tomato, topped with a vinaigrette. My salad came out with the dressing on it, rather than on the side as requested, and an offer to redo it was promptly offered.

I chose the scallops from about 3 seafood entrees, and one vegetarian. They were great. Four very large sea scallops, grilled with a light crust, served with halved fingerling potatoes, wilted radicchio, and a lightly creamed corn. It was delicious.

The wine list was large and accessible, with a nice selection of glasses, which are poured at the table, a nice touch. There is also a selection of sparklings by the glass.My German Riesling was a bit too acidic, but a nice complement to the meal.

The service was pleasant and efficient, not the over the top described by others.

I left feeling It was as if it should have been, neither more nor less.

• Visited November 2012