“Awesome Getaway!”

Ranked #82 of 136 Restaurants in Estes Park
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Awesome Weekend! If the idea of being in a warm, cozy, romantic mountain Inn while it's cold and gusty outside is your sort of thing, you will LOVE this place. My wife and I had the entire Inn to ourselves. The food was FANTASTIC! I had the half-rack of lamb, my wife had the beef tenderloin. The sides were cooked perfectly...the best potatoes au gratin I've ever had (I'm normally not a fan), and perfectly cooked vegetables. The lamb was probably the best I've had in years. The B&B is decorated as a victorian cottage. We stayed in the Charles Dickens Suite and it was decorated with antiques and the bed was warm and comfortable. The beer selection was small, but excellent (Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout, Smithwick's, Newcastle, ...etc.) and they also had a nice selection of wine as well. The Innkeepers and waitress were friendly, helpful, attentive, but not intruding. The breakfast part of the B&B experience was awesome too. Coffee, hot tea, juice, fresh fruit, a delicious quiche, flaky croissant, butter, and jam. All of this for such a great price!

There are newer reviews for Inn of Glen Haven

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Hands down THE BEST restaurant experience that we have had in Estes Park in the 6 years that we have been coming! If you are looking for upscale dining while visiting the RMNP this is it. We will be recommending the quaint Glen Haven Inn as our #1 choice to our own VRBO guests. Looking forward to New Year's Eve 2012... need I say more!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is without a doubt THE ONLY Fine Food restaurant in the Estes area!!! The Inn at Glen Haven is also an English type Inn B&B. Upon entry you walk into a beautiful parlor area of fine English/American old time STUFF. You could spend hours checking out all the goodies but this is about dining. We had eaten here many times before so we had reserved the table for two by the bay window. It is very private with a white table cloth and napkins, just a neat setting. Our waitress was Carroll; she was fun, knowledgable and just plain good! She guided us thru the specials and any other questions we had. My wife decided on the Ruby Red Trout. It was coated in asiago cheese and pan seared in a red pepper and caper buer blanco. I chose the Pork Tenderloin stuffed with portabella mushrooms, garlic, red peppers in a mushroom demi glace. We were saving room for dessert so skipped an appetizer. The salad consisted of spinach, lettuce, walnuts, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc served with a homemade raspberry vinaigerette. Served with the salad was a hot loaf of fresh bread. There were actually hunks of raspberries in the dressing! The main entrees arrived and were presented wonderfully. My Pork was perfectly done and the sauce was out of this world - and I am not a big mushroom person but the combination of mushroom, red pepper and garlic was perfect. It was accompanied with homemade escalloped potatoes and mixed veggies of zuchinni, squash and baby carrots. My wife's Trout had rice vs potatoes and the same mixed veggies. Both meals were AWESOME, done perfectly and with a wonderful taste. We selected the Flourless Chocolate Cake with fresh raspberry sauce and homemade whipped cream. Again the sauce was made with whole fresh raspberries. The decaf coffee was very fresh and hot!! This was just a really GREAT dining experience1 The total bill, including two glasses of wine and tax was only $70.00. In Ft Worth it would have been at least $165.00!! Go - you will enjoy!!!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We enjoyed a lovely dinner at this restaurant. Glen Haven is about 8 miles from Estes Park where we were vacationing. It was a winding drive but worth it. The chef special fish was pan seared with a delicious cherry sauce. The bacon wrapped scallops earned raves. My son also enjoyed the duck. We were too full to try the desserts but they sounded great. The restaurant is full of small rooms with a Victorian decor.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My wife and I visited this restaurant with two family members who were in Colorado from out of state. After some promise of uniqueness from Trip Advisor, we selected this restaurant for a mountain dining experience. We were uniformly disappointed. One member of our party is vegetarian and there was only one selection for her. For all of us, the quality of the food simply did not warrant the prices. We ordered a bottle of cabernet and when it was brought to the table, I only glanced at it and didn't notice that the bottle was a merlot from the same winery. I accepted the wine (my mistake), but that incident typified the indifference of the service.

2  Thank Boulder-USA