“Vegan Refuge”

Cuisines: Indian, Thai, Nepali
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I ate there several times. I try to east vegan and that is hard in the mountains. I had excellent vegetable curries and food mango lassis.

The decor is basic and the service sometimes a little eccentric, but the menu has good choices (including Tibetan) and it has a relaxed atmosphere.

1  Thank Njal

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This restaurant was always a favorite of my daughters, but every time I try it, I dislike it even more. The food I order is nearly always GREASY... The fried rice is never the same, sometimes ok, sometimes greasy.... No ice tea, only Thai sweet milky tea.. If you get the curry, my advice is to be mild or medium. My son-in-law like hot, hot stuff, but their hot curry is way too hot for him... To be blunt, I will not go back there again after the last time I ordered Cashew Chicken. It was one cooked way overdone floating in a layer of red grease... I never will eat there again, I can't STAND greasy food, but their chicken Satay is the best in town... thus my granddaughter will get her Satay and Egg rolls there... They also have brown rice, where the other Thai restaurant and the NEW China Garden (they have Thai, too, haven't tried their Thai food) restaurants don't have brown rice...

Reviewed August 3, 2012

A better choice than many of the tourist-oriented restaurants here. Service is polite but leisurely, so don't be in a hurry. The thai iced tea ( with milk ) is a good balance for the spicy food ( but you choose how hot ). I am told that their dinner menu puts out the same dishes, just at a higher price, so do lunch. Rarely crowded, at least at lunch, when I go there.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Thai Kitchen was just up the street from our hotel. Very cozy and very good food.
Excellent value.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Amazingly priced hole in the wall that belongs in the big apple. Great food with a wonderfull and extensive menu. Could not refer a better alternative to "regular food" in Estes Park Colorado