StoneBrook Resort
Best Western Plus Silver Saddle Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$241
$180
BestWestern.com
Discovery Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$149
Coyote Mountain Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$119
Quality Inn Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$215
$190
QualityInn
The Estes Park Resort(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$259
$251
Orbitz.com
Murphy's River Lodge(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$139
Murphy's Resort at Estes Park(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$155
Stanley Hotel(Estes Park)
$309
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Hotel Estes(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$149
Alpine Trail Ridge Inn(Estes Park)(Great Value!)
$160
Orbitz.com
All reviewsfall riverhot tubin room jacuzzigas fireplacefull kitchensleep number bedwild turkeysview of the riverrecommend this resortbabbling brookthe grillrushing waterstayed nightsnational parkhiking trailsliving areagreat place to stay
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I was welcomed to the "resort" by a very nice man (Mike), who personally walked us to our cabin (no. 3.) The resort is very convenienty located. The facilities were very clean and the kitchenette was pretty well equipped, although there were no bowls (but lots of bowl tops) and the freezer was so iced over that only one tray would fit. The cabin is near a wonderful river and a number of hammocks, comfortable chairs and a swing are all available for use any time of the night or day. The gas fireplace lights with the thermostat and warms the cabin quickly. Unfortunately the positives end there. Although the river helps to drown it out, the road noise is very noticeable. There is no daily maid service. Cabin no. 3 literally sits atop another cabin and our neighbors, though hardly party animals, did wake us up with their television. Our deck and hot tub were not at all private, though this is not such an issue with the other cabins. Similarly, we were reluctant to raise the blinds at any time because we would have been visible to anyone walking by. Inside, we were delighted to find a large whirlpool bathtub. Unfortunately, this tub was in the same room as the bed and kitchen! But the worst part was the bed! It was so small (a king would easily fit in the room) and so soft and so bouncy that we hardly slept the first night. We got some sleep the second and third nights, but only by placing the mattress on the floor! Finally, the price is an issue. Because I wanted two types of Colorado experiences, I had booked 3 nights at Stonebrook and 3 nights at The Stanley. Stonebrook cost us $620 and The Stanley cost only $126 more. The Stanley lacks the kitchenette and hot tub (but has maid service) but I believe its price was much more justifiable than Stonebrook's. Although I liked Mike very much, I probably would not stay at this place again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Linda N
Reviewed September 19, 2012 via mobile

This is our third time here. We've stayed twice in unit 1 and this time in 10B.

Even the one negative review I found on Trip Advisor did have some truth, but it depends what you are looking for.

Unit 1 is the closest unit to the river and has its own outdoor hot tub. Sure the inside is not the fanciest, but we love it and try to get this unit each time.

10B has the bedroom on the ground floor and you are just a few steps from the river right outside your door. We had no issues with privacy. About 12 stairs up from the bedroom you have a larger area with separate bathroom and shower, a nice full kitchen and decent size living room that opens up to your private deck. Look left or right and you can see the neighbors if they are out on their decks. However, the decks are separate and we didn't see anyone out on their decks when we were out on ours.

QUIET resort except for the soothing sound of the river! Has WIFI although the service cuts on and off throughout the day. 3G service sometimes flips over to Edge if these kinds of things are important to you. AT&T cell voice service was spotty and we needed to take a short drive almost to town for a strong signal. We are okay with that!

I saw another reviewer who posted that this resort is now adult only and doesn't allow pets (other than Mike's cute puppy). I did notice a difference from our previous trips...much quieter and a more relaxing experience. I say Thank You for this change!

We absolutely love this place and I'm sure we will come back yet again.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank William W
Reviewed September 18, 2012

From start to finish I had a wonderful stay at Stonebrook. My room (9B) was clean, had an awesome view of the river from my balcony and I loved the gas fireplace and whirlpool tub even in August. Mike, the owner/manager, was awesome!!!! He was everything from concierge to friend. I could write a whole paragraph on him alone! Part of my stay was with my daughter and part of my stay was alone. I felt very safe on the property by myself and thoroughly enjoyed such a beautiful setting for some peace and solitude. The big hammock was a great place to enjoy the sounds of the river, read and reflect. I will definitely return to Stonebrook -- again and again!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My fiance proposed here at Stonebrook! We had a wonderful stay in cabin 5! The cabin was clean, the staff were helpful and friendly and there was plenty to do in the area. Our only complaint were the non-stick pans and there no spatula, which made flipping pancakes rather tricky. Overall, we had an amazing time and would gladly recommend to anyone looking for a great vacation!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We travelled from Australia & loved Estes Park. We (husband & I, in our late 20's) stayed here with my parents, really enjoyed the location near the river. The room was clean & the hot tub nice, but it was actually in the same room as the lounge/kitchen, so a little hard to enjoy unless you are a couple staying on your own. Mike the owner/manager (?) was lovely, he couldn't do enough for us. I told him I had heard about the local brewery & whether it was worth visiting, he told us it was great & proceeded to give us 6 beers from his own fridge that he had from there! I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012