“Wonderful weekend at Stonebrook!”
Review of StoneBrook Resort

StoneBrook Resort
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Estes Park
Reviewed November 14, 2011

We recently stayed in Cottage #2 and had a great weekend. The entire property backs up to the Fall River and on the other side of the river is just a big hill, covered in trees, so there are no other resorts, cabins, or anything right behind you. For those looking for privacy, I would say that cottage #1 would have the most privacy, cottage #2 the second most, and cottage #3 the least. Cottage #2 is on the end and the hot tub on the porch overlooks the river, the hillside, and a little bit of the parking lot, but it gets very dark at night so we could still see a ton of stars. Our cabin was fantastic inside as well. The bed was probably the most comfortable I have ever slept on away from home. It was also very clean, which is a huge factor for me. The kitchen is completely stocked with pretty much every cooking utensil/dish that one would need. I brought Tupperware containers for our leftovers, which was handy because that is the only thing the kitchen does not have. My husband stated that the grill on our deck was great and that it heated up really fast. My only complaint was that the pots and pans were NOT the no-stick variety with teflon, so after making breakfast we just left the dishes in the sink to soak all day and that worked fine. The office has a decent selection of movies to rent, or you could bring your own DVDs, and there is a Blockbuster kiosk in the Safeway in town (no redbox unless you want to drive back to Loveland). The bathroom also had a hairdryer, which was great as it was snowing and cold all weekend and going outside with wet hair would have been a bummer. A couple FYIs: For those who were upset about not getting daily room service, I am pretty sure it states that on the website, but no, they do not come and clean daily. They also recently added a policy that no children under the age of 13 are allowed due to issues they have had in the past. Mike (the guy who I believe runs the place) asked for our opinion and my take (I'm 26, husband is 30 and we don't have kids yet) is that I love kids, but when we want a quiet weekend away the last thing I want to hear is a bunch of kids running all over the place. Plus, this place really is geared towards adults and not kids; there is no swing set or play area for kids, nor is there a pool. Access to the river is also completely unrestricted. Again, just an FYI.
My only other advice is if you book cottage #1, there is a short, but fairly steep hill, to drive down to get to it. This wouldn't be a problem for any car in the summer, but I definitely wouldn't have driven my small front wheel drive car down the hill this weekend as it was covered in snow. Clearly, you can park at the top of the hill and take an extra 15 steps from the car to get there, but just so you know for anyone booking cottage #1. Mike in the office was great too; he and my husband ended up in a strong Scrabble debate over words to play =) We loved our weekend there and are already talking about when we should go back.

Room Tip: For those looking for privacy, I would say that cottage #1 would have the most privacy, cottage #2 t...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sachmo9085

Reviewed November 3, 2011

I would recommend this resort highly!! Very, very clean and the bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept in away from home. Beautiful scenery from deck and close to dining, shopping, and National Park. The staff were very friendly and accomadating.

Room Tip: We were very satisified with Cottage # 7.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We recently spent 3 nights in a cottage for our 10 year anniversary and had a wonderful time. The place was so clean and the property is beautiful. The management and staff were wonderful. Can't wait to come back next year!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2011

We followed Mike Morris, the manager, from Riverview Pines to Stonebrook. We couldn't have been happier with our accommodations. We enjoyed all the amenities as listed in other reviews and enjoyed being close to the stream. It was very nice to look across the stream at a mountainside instead of other cabins and the fishing was great. Mike has always been the warmest of hosts and helpful in every way. We couldn't imagine a better place to stay in the Estes Park area and we are already looking forward to our next three night stay.

Bud & Helen

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and well equipped.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2011

My husband and I just got back from a trip to Estes where we stayed at the Stonebrook Resort. It was perfection. When I talked to Mike (the owner) on the phone I knew this was going to be a great stay! He and his dogs Buddy and Bella gave us fabulous service, an immaculate cabin to stay in and a great trip. He acted as a tour guide pointing out places to eat, shop, sight see etc on a map, had the fire started in our room upon arrival and guided us to the room. We stayed in a cabin with a jacuzzi tub and personal hottub outdoors right on the river. It was perfection! If you want a clean, beautiful place to stay along with great service call Mike at Stonebrook Resort you won't regret it!

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank RunrChic16
Reviewed October 24, 2011

My husband and I celebrated our first anniversary in Estes Park. We were looking for a weekend getaway that was close to shopping but also close to the RMNP entrance. We weren't disappointed when we arrived at Stonebrook!! It Is located in the perfect spot. Our first morning there we greeted by bull elk in the morning. Our room was clean, cozy, and comfortable. We left the windows open at night to listen to the river. We will Definitly be back!!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 19, 2011

We absolutely recommend this resort. It is run by wonderful, kind-hearted people. The location is close enough for a quick weekend getaway, but so enjoyable you'll want to stay longer! Great trout fishing and hiking. Cabins are beautiful, rustic meets elegant, and sparkling clean! There is a full kitchen, jetted tub, gas fireplace, tv and DVD. The private deck includes a hot tub and grill. It's like having your own little home in the mountains! We will definitely be back! Check it out at www.StonebrookResort.com

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple