“Surprisingly good Indian/Nepalese”

Nepal's Cafe
Ranked #13 of 129 Restaurants in Estes Park
Cuisines: Indian, Nepali
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Los Angeles, California
“Surprisingly good Indian/Nepalese”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stopped in with 3 friends after a morning of hiking in the park and our first choice already being closed for the day. Even though the lunch buffet was supposed to end at 3 and we arrived a bit after that they allowed me to order the buffet still. I tried my favorite Indian dishes and a few Nepalese dishes and all were excellent. Everyone else in the group enjoyed their food as well and had leftovers to take home as dinner. Service was prompt and polite. The location behind the main street is a bit hard to find, and them place is a bit cramped, but it was well worth the effort to find it!

Visited July 2013

Durango, Colorado, USA
“Hidden treasure in the mountains”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I ate here last week and it was wonderful. Nice little restaurant, great service, and the food was spot on. We are vegan and finding a good vegan meal in the mountains is a challenge. Nepal's Cafe is family run by folks from Nepal, and the food shows it. We had curry vegetables with rice and garlic naan. Everything was fresh and the naan was maybe the best we have had in the states! The menu has many vegan possibilities and we will return for sure. Give them a try.

Nelson
“Best Indian meal ever”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We love Indian and Nepalese food and have eaten all over the world, but this place was a hot favourite. We were in Estes Park for 4 nights and ended up eating there twice, the food was so tasty. It's a basic style family restaurant and the meals and drinks are unbelievably cheap, so it's a really affordable place to eat. The portions are generous and we found the staff friendly and helpful. I would be a fervent supporter of this restaurant if I lived in Estes Park. The chicken with spinach is absolutely fantastic.

1 Thank Fabtwo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Always a must eat!”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We always eat here when we visit Estes. The buffet is delicious, with choices for everyone. And their naan can't be beat. My only critique would be that they place is small and seating limited. The service can also be slow, so don't go if you are in a hurry. But we have always had delicious food!

1 Thank Marcya23
Bellevue, Nebraska
“Friendly and Tasty”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

It appears that in Estes Park they have restaurants for tourists and for locals and I am glad that I stomp across this one that seems to be for locals. The service was friendly and the owner is the most polite/nicest guy that I have met in the restaurant scene in Estes Park. There is a TV in the corner playing photos of the owner and his family trip to Nepal and I can tell you that he has been in very high places.

The food was good, not too spicy as expected, but full of flavor. I had the lamb korma that was rich and flavorful. The chicken with coconut curry was also good. Even though it was outside of the owner's control, it was loud but it was a good thing because the place was filled with Nepalis/Hindus. A sign that the food is legit. Overall, it was a very good experience.

1 Thank fansntt