“Quality Inn Chain Should Be Ashamed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast

Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Crescent City
Crescent City, California
“Quality Inn Chain Should Be Ashamed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

My family and I originally planned to stay 2 nights. When we arrived they didn't have our reservation and said they still had rooms available anyway. We checked the room out before we took all of our bags (7 total, we are traveling across country) and carried them up the 2 flights of stairs (no elevator). The room is so run down and out dated, needs a serious paint job and the room smelled musty. So, we decided on 1 night instead and there was no coffee the following morning for breakfast that was included! The chain should seriously look at this particular hotel, they are damaging their reputation.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank RodeTrip2010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
McKinleyville, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2010

we have stayed here a few times in the past 3 years and its getting worse. we always stay in same room....211, the refrigerator was broken, so we had to move to the one below it, 106, I believe it is. Both rooms smell this one had a broken window lock, so we could not lock the room. this place is getting really run down, it needs a make over. For the money they charge, stay down the street at the Hampton Inn, its much better. The beds are much better too

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank cocoabeachshark

Travelers are raving about these Crescent City hotels

Nampa, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2010

I am a travel agent who booked a room here for my spouse and I. I had a confirmation # and everything. I called a couple of days prior to ask a question re: my stay, I was treated horribly from customer service at this hotel stating that they didn't have a reservation for me. I had given them the conf # and had confirmed it with them a couple of days prior already. I asked them politely to check again with the conf# because I knew there was a reservation. The lady working the front desk got upset with me because I asked her to check again and told me "I already told you, you are not registered here!" I was so upset about this, I called Choice Hotels to check on my reservation to see if there was a mistake. They verified that I did in fact have a reservation and it even already appeared on my credit card statement. I don't know how they lost my reservation or why the front desk agent was so rude about this, or if she even checked at all. I could also hear giggling and people in the background laughing and talking loudly to her. I canceled this reservation and booked a room at the Lighthouse Inn.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cmb0607
Seattle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2010

This is the nicest pet friendly hotel in Crescent City, CA. It was clean for the most part, staff was friendly and even gave us the AAA discount although we're not members.

We had a poor nights sleep as we discovered the mini fridge would kick on every 10 minutes or so, rattle, hum and vibrate for 5 minutes, this cycled all night long. I was too tired to get up and turn on the light to unplug it. So it just woke us up all night long. Their was sand granules in the bed, we checked as we turned down the sheets, but what can you do at 11pm? So we just swept it out. The breakfast was standard, hot waffles, cereal, yogurt, coffee was all good. Staff was very friendly. Maybe a non pet friendly room would be a better experience.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Dallas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2009

We planned a long weekend along the California/Oregon Coast. We wanted to stay at brand name hotels to ensure a decent room. WRONG! This had to be one of the worst rooms I've ever had to stay in. The carpet was filthy, the room was in dire need of a paint job, and the bathroom was disgusting. Unfortunately, the cancellation policy kept us from just driving away because of the monetary loss. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank acreep1977
Silverdale, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2009

Usually love Quality Inns, stay there alot!--However, 1st GPS gives wrong street, it's behind the liquor store! 2nd when I went to take a shower I found over 50 little bugs in the washcloth that was folded in the shower! YIKES! Went to the desk (nice lady!) and she said, "Oh, that's ok, they just come out of the vents--here's some more towels!" OK FOR BUGS???? I was a little creeped out and told her so--then after checking THOSE towels for bugs, and the other towels for bugs, tried to take a shower--the shower head just fell off! Hubby had to put it on--I was wondering why they shower head top was spraying cold water all over--now I know, then, beside the bed there was a control panel box that was literally held in place by a desk--when I told the front desk early the next morning about our experience she said (she was nice too) I'm sorry, I'll have maintenance check on it--apparently, according to her, the place had just been fumigated a while back!!!! Nice! but how come the bugs were just in ONE washcloth that had been folded in the shower???? That night I didn't sleep as I was creeped out by the bugs, are they going to come on us in our sleep? I was too tired to load the car back up and find another place, so we stayed the night--It seemed like a nice place, and if I could get different room with NO BUGS, and A NON-FALLING SHOWER HEAD THAT ALSO LEAKED, I might try it again, the breakfast was pretty good, not like all the others, and there is no pool, or anything else like the other Quality Inns we've stayed at.I think we should get a discount to stay at ANOTHER QUALITY INN!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank eyemknotold
Avon, CT
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

The bum at the front door asking for my husband's cigarette butt should have been all we needed to run like hell!!! But we stayed here as planned and were consistantly disapointed. The toilet in the room was broken, but no one ever came to fix it, so I *gag* stuck my hand in the tank and fixed it myself. We found out after we left that our dear friends had sent us cookies to enjoy during our stay. Based on the tracking information, the package was signed for at the front desk while we were still there. The package was not delivered to us, we did not receive a call to pick it up at the front desk, nor was it given to us at checkout! Furthermore, when our friends asked if we got them, we called the hotel to have them sent to our home. I was promised they'd be overnighted. They weren't. The sender called to have them sent and was told they would be. They weren't. These slimy jerks took what was supposed to be a thoughtful gift and turned it into a nightmare of phone calls and broken promises. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#10 of 18 in Crescent City
BEST WESTERN PLUS Beachfront Inn

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast? Share your experiences!