“Above and Beyond”

Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast
Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I would like to really say I have a wonderful experience at this hotel. The staff member Kim was so accommodating. She went above and beyond to serve us. She was very nice.The room was very clean, the sheets and towels were very clean also.They also serve breakfast well. I really enjoyed my stay and plan to come back to this same hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank MIssLizzyBabee
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Despite several negative reviews, we booked a room. We were very pleased with our room--it was large, clean, and had all the amenities. We were on the ground floor and wifi was excellent.

Seriously, this was a very good stay, and the front desk personnel were smiling, friendly, and very helpful. Breakfast bar had waffles, eggs, sausage, oatmeal, etc.

If you need a meal--try the Good Harvest Cafe. We ate upstairs in the bar area-- senior fish and chips were great! This spot has a great menu--something for everyone!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank puremichiganstaters
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Traveling on a budget is always a challange with a family. Recently I and my family were traveling from Phoenix to Federal Way, Washington, taking the scenic route through the redwoods. We had made a reservation at a economy level hotel thinking that the high prices were partly because of the area along the California coast. When we arrived we found that this particular run down hotel did not even have ammenities such as a pool or weight room! We should have left at that point and tried a different hotel down the street but my children were tired so we decided to buck it up for the night.

The night was difficult at best. A rain storm had moved in and cold rain beat against the windows. We turned on the heating element by the windows only to have it make such loud noises that we finally had to just turn it off and make do.

In the moring we awoke early to commence travel only to find that the shower didn't function. In fact the shower handle came off in my hands! So no shower... ok... how about at least using the sink for a sponge bath? Great, except that there was no hot water. We had a choice of really cold or mildly cold water.

We went to the front desk to complain and were told we should have complained earlier if we wanted them to do anything about it. I asked to speak to the manager and the woman at the counter refused! She repeatedly refused to get the manager for us and even stomped off into the office and slammed the door at one point.

I waited for her to return. She ignored me for a while but finally came back to the office. When she finally did she said she could only take $20.00 off the stay, thats all she could do. She then handed me a receipt and walked away.

I was incensed not only because she was so very rude to me and unapologietic but because she refuesed to correct the situation or contact someone who could.

My advise to all of my fellow travelers is NEVER NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

Room Tip: Go down the street. For the same price you can have a much better experience.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank KIRSTEN V
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This motel is in a strip of motels on the main southern access to Crescent City but has the advantage of being off the highway so escapes traffic noise. It is also close to a petrol station and walking distance to the most popular restaurant in the area.
Rooms are large with good beds and all necessary amenities.
Plumbing noises from adjacent rooms were VERY loud and would waken anybody!
The breakfasts were satisfactory.
Overall, a reasonable motel and good value in this price bracket.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David C
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed on the second floor and had a lot of luggage. We were tired and it was a pain to drag it all up the stairs. However the room was clean and welcoming. Sink stopper was broken but did not cause a problem. Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I stayed for 2 months at this location for business purposes. Granted it's not the fanciest place in town but it's definitely not a dive. The room was clean, everything worked, my bed was made every day...what more could a guy want? The continental breakfast was great, with a wide variety of options including eggs, sausage, waffles cereal, pastries and fruit. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. Kim, the desk clerk was always very helpful in getting anything I needed. She was also helpful in getting to know the area and what restaurants to eat at and what sights to see. I had the opportunity to really get to know everyone here. They are wonderful people and made my stay very enjoyable. My family away from home. Thank you all very much and God Bless.

Room Tip: I was in #119.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Jason D
Reviewed September 21, 2012

It was an average stay in a standard quality inn. The room was clean and compared to other hotels in the area was cheap. There was breakfast and it was the usual. Don't be put off it is worth staying.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#14 of 19 in Crescent City
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast? Share your experiences!