Rodeway Inn
$143
$128
Oceanfront Lodge(Crescent City)
$139
Ocean View Inn & Suites(Crescent City)(Great Value!)
$120
$116
$114
QualityInn
Lighthouse Inn(Crescent City)(Great Value!)
$114
$111
Anchor Beach Inn(Crescent City)
$106
$103
Hotels.com
Crescent Beach Motel(Crescent City)(Great Value!)
$90
Official Site
All reviewsmultiple devicesmake your own waffleswaffle makerwater pressurewould definitely stay here againshampoo
Reviewed July 7, 2007

Geography - The Econolodge is in the outer skirts of Crescent City. Small typical ‘Inn’ right next to the 101. Friendly guys in the lobby that for some reason gave me the impression that they couldn’t understand a word I was saying - but responded correctly.
Room - Small, typical lay-out. There was quite a bit of noise coming from the room next to ours. At some point my wife woke up because of the neighbors snoring!!
Facilities - Wireless internet working fine. Breakfast is a joke. There’s hardly any choice and the things they have need restocking. Go across the street for a nice breakfast.
Looks - Simple, cheap.
Todo's - Redwood. Get information from the visitors center. Do the Howland Hill drive. This is a 6 mile unpaved drive through the woods that give you one of the most (dusty ) beautiful pictures you have ever seen. The only food that was ok is the seafood restaurant in the dock area (the one closest to the 101).
I would never stay here again. I would never stay in Crescent City again (even though we have to stay one more night because of our planning. So we moved to a different hotel)

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank DJF3
Reviewed June 29, 2007

This was a terrible experience!!! The room was old, the lighting bad, paneled walls, not quite clean. There was not even milk with the breakfast. No pool. I would never stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank tracey1368
Reviewed November 3, 2006

Walls are paper thin...the guy next door woke me up with his snoring!! Rooms were shabby but clean. Surpisingly, the bed was comfortable. When we visit this area again, will try another motel.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2006

This was the crappiest hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms were musty. There was NO AC!! My husband joked that he was going to turn on the AC and he slid open the window. There are so many more hotels to stay in that we saw after we arrived. My advice is to search the Crescent City Chamber of Commerce or something. This was by far the scariest place that we drove by (and stayed at!) This hotel was grossly overpriced. We paid $100 when we stayed. I DO NOT RECOMMEND that you waste your money nor time with this hotel. I am actually going to write corporate because the experience was so far below what I expect from a chain hotel. The Redwoods were amazing though. Take time to walk on the beaches too. They are awesome.

Stayed: July 2006
Reviewed August 13, 2006

Don't make the same mistake I did!! I went against my better judgement to stay here because of the positive reviews and lack of knowledge of what else was in the area. The room was very dark and dated, woodwork from the 70's. Questionable cleanliness. The door had two deadbolts in addition to the standard locks...Hmmm. Didn't sleep much and couldn't wait to get out of there. The continental breakfast was donuts and muffins so don't expect to save on breakfast unless that's what you had in mind. It was what I feared an Econolodge would be; I should've known. Trust me...KEEP GOING!! Further down the road there are atleast three very nice modern-looking hotels. I noted the names just so I could come home and post a review, hoping to save someone from making the same mistake. The The Lighthouse Inn, The Bayview Inn and The Comfort Inn all looked very nice.

3  Thank famtripper