“Keep driving and spend more money” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge - Crescent City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Econo Lodge - Crescent City
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Crescent City
Amsterdam, Netherlands
“Keep driving and spend more money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2007

Geography - The Econolodge is in the outer skirts of Crescent City. Small typical ‘Inn’ right next to the 101. Friendly guys in the lobby that for some reason gave me the impression that they couldn’t understand a word I was saying - but responded correctly.
Room - Small, typical lay-out. There was quite a bit of noise coming from the room next to ours. At some point my wife woke up because of the neighbors snoring!!
Facilities - Wireless internet working fine. Breakfast is a joke. There’s hardly any choice and the things they have need restocking. Go across the street for a nice breakfast.
Looks - Simple, cheap.
Todo's - Redwood. Get information from the visitors center. Do the Howland Hill drive. This is a 6 mile unpaved drive through the woods that give you one of the most (dusty ) beautiful pictures you have ever seen. The only food that was ok is the seafood restaurant in the dock area (the one closest to the 101).
I would never stay here again. I would never stay in Crescent City again (even though we have to stay one more night because of our planning. So we moved to a different hotel)

• Liked — Cheap
  • Disliked — Room comfort
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank DJF3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2007

This was a terrible experience!!! The room was old, the lighting bad, paneled walls, not quite clean. There was not even milk with the breakfast. No pool. I would never stay there again.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the room, breakfast, lighting, bathroom!!!!!
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank tracey1368
RaceHorseLady
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2006

Walls are paper thin...the guy next door woke me up with his snoring!! Rooms were shabby but clean. Surpisingly, the bed was comfortable. When we visit this area again, will try another motel.

• Liked — Close to Redwood's
  • Disliked — Thin walls
  • Tips/Secrets — Look for another choice
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
Seattle, WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2006

This was the crappiest hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms were musty. There was NO AC!! My husband joked that he was going to turn on the AC and he slid open the window. There are so many more hotels to stay in that we saw after we arrived. My advice is to search the Crescent City Chamber of Commerce or something. This was by far the scariest place that we drove by (and stayed at!) This hotel was grossly overpriced. We paid $100 when we stayed. I DO NOT RECOMMEND that you waste your money nor time with this hotel. I am actually going to write corporate because the experience was so far below what I expect from a chain hotel. The Redwoods were amazing though. Take time to walk on the beaches too. They are awesome.

Stayed July 2006
washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2006

Don't make the same mistake I did!! I went against my better judgement to stay here because of the positive reviews and lack of knowledge of what else was in the area. The room was very dark and dated, woodwork from the 70's. Questionable cleanliness. The door had two deadbolts in addition to the standard locks...Hmmm. Didn't sleep much and couldn't wait to get out of there. The continental breakfast was donuts and muffins so don't expect to save on breakfast unless that's what you had in mind. It was what I feared an Econolodge would be; I should've known. Trust me...KEEP GOING!! Further down the road there are atleast three very nice modern-looking hotels. I noted the names just so I could come home and post a review, hoping to save someone from making the same mistake. The The Lighthouse Inn, The Bayview Inn and The Comfort Inn all looked very nice.

3 Thank famtripper
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2006

Like many travelers, I didn't know anything about the Crescent City area.
After reading all the reviews, I made a reservation at Econo Lodge.
Yes, the reservation staff were very nice on the phone.

But the place is not in a good area!!
It's in a busy traffic, concrete surrounded area.
My heart sank.
If you are really, really trying to save money and don't care where you sleep, go ahead and keep your reservation there.
For the rest of us, keep on driving, and stay at the Lighthouse Inn.
They are open 24 hours, and the staff are very courteous. Great price, too!

Stayed July 2006
4 Thank ProfusionOrange
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2006

After reading positive reviews on line, I chose this motel over the others for my business trip to Crescent City. It was a wonderful place to stay. The managers were responsive and gracious. The rooms were very clean. The room wasn't fancy but was well kept and maintained. Modest contemporary design in furniture and fixtures not unlike more expensive motels. Single story buildings with cars parked at front door. No one overhead, below or behind and no noisy voices outside in corridors to contend with. Highway 101 is frontage and of course has traffic. I wear Earplane earplugs in any motel/hotel I visit because each has some noise whether it be voices, ice machines or vehicular traffic. I found that wearing them here provided a peaceful night's sleep. Every appliance worked well. I will make my next reservations in Crescent City at EconoLodge.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business