“No frills, but a great value for your money!”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Crescent City
New Orleans, Louisiana
“No frills, but a great value for your money!”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

My wife and i were simply looking for a comfortable, clean place to rest our heads, as we passed through Northern Cali.

We got a great deal on the room with AAA discount. I believe about $70.

We knew that we would be arriving late, and simply called the front desk to tell them. We arrived at about midnight, buzzed the service window, and were let right in.

The person checking us in/out was not very friendly, per say, but wasn't openly rude either.

The room had television, full bath/shower, coffee, and even a mini-fridge + microwave. Not bad!

Room was quiet. Bed was a bit hard, but not to the point of discomfort. I'd recommend bringing your own pillow, however.

Their breakfast actually included ready-to-make waffles, and some fresh fruit options--a welcome bonus!

We hit the road that morning, and were minutes from the light house. I highly recommend visiting and climbing around there, if the tide's out. Another few minutes by car, and we were in Jedediah Forest, surrounded by majestic redwoods.

I would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to others!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Having traveled up & down the Pacific Coast and staying in nine different Choice Hotels, this one is by far the worst. Will make me think twice about using an Econo Lodge again. They have tried to update the place but very poorly. For $90 a night, I have stayed in much nicer places - this is probably a $50 place. The pillows had to be the cheapest that WalMart carried and there were not even any pillow liners on them. The bathroom smelled of urine. Breakfast, which we did not eat, was in the lobby with three tables. Very cramped quarters. Old furniture but the room was fairly clean except for the bathroom smell.

Room Tip: Located right on 101. Ask for a room in the far back. Cars are parked outside of room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank colin92

Travelers are raving about these Crescent City hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Nice hotel for the price. Just perfect if you want to stay overnight , sleep and start early . The bedding was clean , but the carpets really need some cleaning. It was really greasy and dark.
Room size was quite Big and had microwave and Refrigerator. Best part is you can really park right in front of the room. The hotel in close to many eating places and superstores. Subway and pizza hut is right opposite and walmart and safeway is within a mile.
There might be a issue with GPS giving the correct location which happened to me.
Staff is friendly.
No Pool and AC would be an issue if you go in peak summer

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SKDas
US
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Stayed at three different locations in the past 10 days, this was the 2nd. Room had mold issues and was smelly, just like the other two I had stayed at (the other two did not have mold). It was clean but the odor was not really accceptable.

Arrived at the location, the room had not been cleaned (8:30pm), didn't end up getting in and settled until almost 9:30pm. Staff was attentive but not very genuine. Apparently their personal lives were more important than keeping the moldtel in order.

The location was quiet and I appreciated that. Continental breakfast was good, typical all carbs no protein.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank doodlebug99Us
Port Townsend
Reviewed January 5, 2012

A good value and very clean for AAA rate of $44, but you get what you pay for: a bare-bones motel that's a good choice when you're on a budget. Free wi-fi and basic breakfast, but we left too early to sample the breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NorthwindArtsCenter
La Pine, Oregon
Reviewed October 23, 2011

My husband & I recently stayed at the Econo Lodge in Crescent City Ca. for one night. We just needed a place to "crash" as we were attending a local car show & knew we would be out late. It was clean. Nothing fancy but cleanw/ a pleasent staff. The next night we stayed in another hotel on our way home that was 4 hrs. away. The next morning I got up & noticed that my wedding band was missing. After being told by the group that we were with that it was for sure long gone I placed a call to the Econo Lodge & the man that took the call put me on hold & came back a couple of min. later & said that the housekeeper had found it & turned it in. I was so Thank-full as I have had it for 28 yrs. It means more to me than anything I own. .The manager mailed it back to me on his own time & money. In the world we are living in today I have to tell you how much the Honesty of the staff meant to me. Thank-you & God Bless

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Robinpluseight
San Francisco, California
Reviewed October 10, 2011

We stayed here for one night after a very long drive from Seattle. The motel attendant was not very friendly (mind you it was after midnight), however a nice hello would have been welcoming.

The room was what I expected for a cheap motel, however it was a little more rundown than what I would have preferred. Paint was peeling in the bathroom and the place just seemed a little old and musty. The room looked clean on the surface.

We had the "free" breakfast in the morning which is what I expected - nothing great but something to eat in the morning.

For those just needing a place to crash for a night than this might be the right bet for you when you just want to spend a minimal amount.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple