“Pleasant and convenient hotel. We stay there every time we visit.”

Best Western Plus Northwoods Inn
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Crescent City
Eureka, Ca
“Pleasant and convenient hotel. We stay there every time we visit.”
Reviewed October 9, 2009

My young children love Ocean World so we do overnights in Crescent City once a year. This hotel is clean and the staff are friendly. The pool is usually warm and the hot tub always hot. The free breakfast is better than most other hotel breakfasts (for free) serving both hot and cold items. A new healthy food restaurant just opened next door too which we loved for lunch and dinner. We'll definitely stay here again.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed September 25, 2009

I can't beleive what they charge for this place. I've stayed at many a BW on many roadtrips and this place is a rip. It's old, worn out and smells. The location is good - right there on the highway and the staff was friendly, but this place just isn't worth it.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Crescent City hotels

Sacramento CA
Reviewed September 8, 2009

I traveled to Crescent city for a two-week business trip. On the first night I noticed a mild odd smell in the room. I also discovered that the telephone did not work, and there was only one station on the television. I called the front desk, and was told that the manager would call me back. The manager never called. In the morning I discovered that the refrigerator had frozen all of my food, and the knob was broken off, so I could not turn it down. I called the manager again. He did not call me back. I went to the free breakfast at the on-site restaurant. I waited over a half hour for very bad food.
When I returned to the hotel in the evening, I noticed that the odd smell was stronger. I called the manager again. He did not return my call. The next morning I checked out and switched to another hotel. While checking out, the angry woman at the front desk accused me of checking out early in order to steal the free breakfast coupons. I informed her that the breakfast was so bad that I would rather pay for a good breakfast than eat that breakfast for free. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank SQ1845
Virginia
Reviewed August 20, 2009

I stayed at the hotel one night for business travel. I checked out the next day and there was a mistake on my invoice. I have to submit all my receipts for reimbursement, so I need correct invoices or it is a major headache down the road for me. The hotel staff tried to correct, but said that accounting would have to do it. I called the next day to have a corrected invoice faxed to me, and verified that the problem had been corrected. I submitted all my paperwork and naturally there is a problem. They charged me a higher amount on my credit card. I called the hotel and got shuffled around; no one would talk to me. I was finally directed to the manager, who very rudely, told me the original amount was a mistake with their system and they charged me the correct amount. They were more than willing to provide me a corrected invoice (one month after I asked for it). When I complained because this is holding up my reimbursement. The manager kindly told me "that is your problem" and "I am not going to unbalance my books over this" .

I work for the hospitality industry and I travel frequently (last month I stayed in about 12 hotels). This is only the second review I have ever written. I am a pretty tolerant person when it comes to the hospitality industry. Typically, such a small amount of money that your computer system made an error on, is not worth losing a customer (and rewards member). Apparently that is not the case with this Best Western..

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank TVirginia
Dripping Springs, Texas
Reviewed August 9, 2009

We had intended to stay in the Best Western Northwoods Inn for 2 nights, but ended up checking out after just 1. It is on the highway across the street from the beach, but very few if any rooms have an ocean view. There are outdoor corridors. The hotel is family friendly, but old. The staff is very helpful and friendly. We had a 1-bedroom suite, which was roomy, but in major need of updating. Although the room was listed as non-smoking, it wreaked of stale smoke. I think the room used to be a smoking room, but because the furniture and drapery was never changed, the room smells of stale smoke. We went to the restaurant for both breakfast (included in room price) and dinner (we paid for it.) The food was adequate at best. The morning breakfast was buffet style and the food was just not good. For dinner I wanted fish and although the restaurant is across the street from the beach, they only had two fresh fishes. I ordered halibut with an almond crust and raspberry pepper sauce. While the fish seemed fresh, the sauce tasted like raspberry syrup straight out of the jar. The clam chowder tasted canned and the salad bar was minimal. My husband had a burger and was pleased with it. Overall, the hotel is just OK. I'd find a different place to stay the next time I'm in the area.

Olympia, WA
Reviewed July 28, 2009

The location of this hotel isn't great and it hasn't been updated in awhile. The pool was okay. Everything was very clean though. One plus is you get a free full breakfast buffet at a real restaurant, not just a continental breakfast. I think it is just over-priced compared to other Best Western's that we stayed in on our roadtrip.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Washington
Reviewed July 12, 2009

The room was clean...the check-in staff was friendly. The bed felt like they filled it with tennis balls. it was extremely lumpy.
The breakfast was good but due to the large amount of guest, we sat & waited 10 mins for food and utensils

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Anchor Beach Inn
Anchor Beach Inn
#7 of 18 in Crescent City
BEST WESTERN Beachfront Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Northwoods Inn? Share your experiences!