Best Western Plus Northwoods Inn
$67
Oceanfront Lodge(Crescent City)
$99
Average 3/5
Lighthouse Inn(Crescent City)(Great Value!)
$89
Very Good 4/5
Redwood Inn(Crescent City)
$75
$65
Average 3/5
Anchor Beach Inn(Crescent City)
$80
Good 3.5/5
Ocean View Inn & Suites(Crescent City)(Great Value!)
$89
Hotels.com
Great 4.5/5
$84
Good 3.5/5
Motel 6 Crescent City(Crescent City)
$63
Orbitz.com
A On 8th(Crescent City)
Excellent 5/5
  • Breakfast included
1,100 results
All reviewsadjoining restaurantrestaurant next doorbreakfast buffetindoor poolparking lotroom was cleanhot tubthird floornice place to staygreat roomroad triporegon coastwould stay here againthe breakfast areastaff was friendlywafflessea lions
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2009

I have never had a bad experience at a BW... till now.
Hmmm, how do I put this... the tern Polished A Turd comes to mind. This is a very old hotel that has had some upgrades, but the over all feel (and smell) tells the true age of this place. If you do stay here do not, I repeat DO NOT get a lower level room. We can hear every step the people are making upstairs. At least I know the people up stairs are clean as I have heard two of them take a shower - yes, the plumbing is very loud. The front desk person seems nice and helpful, the pool is nice although it only goes to 4' total. We just checked in today (I hope I survive the next 3 nights) so we have not tried the free breakfast yet. We did go to the Seafood Grotto over at the fishermens area it was HORRIBLE. The waitress was very nice and new what she was doing, but the food was bad, really bad. I ordered a steak (can't eat seafood like the rest of my family) and as she is putting it down in front of me the waitress sais ' To me that looks over done let me know what you think and if needed I will get you a new one." She got me a new one sadly it took about 15 ninutes and the rest of my family was done and at the point of "I am tired of this place, can we go now?" But enough about that. So far I have not found anything possitive about this town, hotel or restaurant. I sure hope the Tree's of Mystery make up for it.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 24, 2009

I see that others have complained, I guess they are used to staying at 5 star $300 anight.
We planned to stay at another place 2 nights and upon arrival realized major mistake, I spoke with a wonderful woman at Northwoods Inn, she understood my situation and said they would have a room since it was mid week. They even let us check in ealry the next day so we could focus on our trip in the area. Rooms were nice, only issue the hair dryer didn't work corectly, but compared to where we were, it was a 5 star.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2009

We checked into the hotel and that went fine- the clerk was friendly enouph and the cost was ageeable. We moved into the room, got all our stuff in there and then discovered that the phone did not work. Using my cell pnone, we called the front desk to get another phone but I got the feeling she already knew it didn't work because she said swapping out the phone would not help. So, she offered us another room right next door. We thought "great, that will be an easy move" so we moved everything next door, and checked everything to be sure it all worked. Everything seemed fine and at this point the review I would have left would still have been good since she was friendly and quick about fixing the issue. However, it all went downhill from here. My wife went to the sink and discovered that the carpet was all wet. We looked under the sink and it was drip drip dripping onto the floor getting the carpet all wet. Also, the carpet was filthy because our socks got all brown and by morning the place began to smell. Not to mention the fact that the hose under the sink had been jerryriged with a rubber band!! It is my personal opinion that they knew that there was a problem with both of these rooms! We decided not to request another move and just stayed there and left asap in the morning. By then the drip had become a regular running river so I had to put the ice bucket under it to catch the water and kept turning the under sink valve on and off so that we could sleep. I think I still would have given an ok review since the lady was nice enouph to us and tried to help, as well as taking a little off the bill(about $10 or so...not enouph in my opinion but better than nothing) However, when I went to check out the new lady at the desk asked how was our stay was and so I proceded to tell her(in a nice tone by the way just to inform her) and she was very annoyed at me for my bad experiece, offered no apology and when she told me the total bill I said that it was not right since the lady the night before had taken $ off, and she barked at me "plus tax". Another note is that the pool was murky-not very clean but on a good note the hottub seemed clean and the room had agreeable amenities-fridge,coffee, microwave, comfortable beds, clean bathroom.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 6, 2009

My husband, father in law, and I spent one night here on our way through Crescent City, CA. It was a Tuesday night so we only paid about 70 dollars and that's about all I'd pay for the room. It had a really strong weird smell and it was pretty small for 3 people. Besides that, it was just a typical hotel room. Most Best Westerns are pretty nice but that one wasn't as nice as other ones.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed August 13, 2008

We found this place from our AAA Tourbook and it had three diamonds, so we thought that it would be fine. We called and made a reservation and we were a little surprised that it was going to be $150, but since it included free breakfast, we figured it would be worth it.

As soon as we drove up, we were a little uneasy. It seemed as if people lived in this hotel, as there were patrons there smoking outside their rooms on plastic chairs. Loiterers were in the parking lot and around the on-site restaurant. We checked in and went up to the room. Because the restaurant and the hotel share the same parking lot, we were forced to park far away and walk to our room through the poorly-lit parking lot.

The room itself was nice, a little bigger than we expected and it included a refrigerator and a microwave oven.

In the morning we did not even try to get the breakfast; the restaurant has a separate area for "paying customers" and the area for the hotel guests was packed and we did not want to wait in that line forever.

Overall, we liked the room itself, but having to walk through the dim parking lot and avoid all of the smokers and loiterers and find a decent parking spot was nowhere near $150. I would avoid this hotel in the future.

• Stayed: August 2008