“Great friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Crescent City
Virginia Beach, United States
“Great friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

Though the hotel is just your basic hotel, the front desk team was very helpful. The location is great for taking a trip to the Redwood National Park, and the sunset view was very nice. The Northwoods restaurant provided a buffet breakfast that was okay. The restaurant on the other side of the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Rochester, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

This hotel is overpriced for the value of the room we paid for. The restaurant you get a free breakfast coupon for is nicely decorated inside, but the food is very limited and awful. There was literally nothing appealing to eat there as usually there is better choices at other BW's. The doors are very noisy loudly banging closed when people go in and out. The bed lighting for reading is nicely bright which is much appreciated. We were offended to not be allowed entrance with our keycard into the courtyard to see the gardens/pond as they restricted it to only garden rooms. We paid a high enough price we should be able to enjoy that also.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Victorville, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

The bedroom window only had solid curtains at the side of the windows. There was no solid center curtain in the room. We could see light through the sheer center curtain and felt uncomfortable thet light and possibly we could be seen from outside.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Puget Sound
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Pleasant location right on Hwy 101 across the street from the marina. It is a nice facility, friendly staff, my room was quiet, comfortable, and provided everything needed for a pleasant night’s stay. The Northwoods Restaurant is associated with the hotel and includes a full free buffet breakfast in the morning. The breakfast included scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, biscuits and gravy, fried potatoes, fruit, cereal, juices and other beverages and probably some other stuff I’m forgetting. The breakfast was good but the dinner I had in the restaurant was quite poor. I would recommend checking Trip Advisor for other options.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank compassNSEW
Yoakum
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

ASm a member of this program figured Id better give it a go. Room is very basic, bed is there and the pillows range from brick to fluff. The staff are the gem here, they are doing a good job and made me feel welcome. Thank you.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here in April. Beautiful to watch the sea lions and the boats across the street. The staff was nice and told us places to check out in the area.. We would of liked to enjoy the spa but it was outside and in so we could not use it. Other than that we were able to enjoy the rest.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

SantaBanana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

This was an awesome place to me to travel while on business but I would bring my family as well. They have an amazing indoor heated pool and spa area where I could relax. Almost didn't stay at first because the blonde at the front desk was very cold and clearly didn't care if I stayed or not. When I finally made it to my room in the back building I was very much impressed! The room was fresh, clean, and homey. They actually have Pantene products in the rooms. As I stepped out my room I encountered an employee Sandra. She was absolutely wonderful and very helpful. Unlike the girl in the front office Sandra was approachable and her smile was inviting! She was tolerate of all my questions about the area and very informational. This hotel is older however they are updating and currently under construction. While passing threw this small town I will defiantly be returning the the Northwoods Inn. Of all the Best Westerns that I have stayed at this one is one of my favorites. I would have given this review a 3 star if I had not ran into Sandra. She went above an beyond to make sure my stay was comfortable. She is the type that needs to be in the front desk area I greet customers not that blonde.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Anchor Beach Inn
#8 of 18 in Crescent City
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
BEST WESTERN PLUS Beachfront Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Northwoods Inn? Share your experiences!