“Thin thin walls!!!”

Best Western Plus Northwoods Inn
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Nice clean rooms- staff was super friendly- settled in and we had two guys above us- like a herd of elephants walking upstairs- boom boom boom! Everytime they showered flushed the toilet it was like we were right there!!!! I heard most if their conversation all night!
no I would not go back here again because of that!!! Thank God I had earplugs! Other eaters mentioned this & they were right!!
Pool all the way outside even though it is inside and it was COLD!
Had a drink next door at the bar and that vodka top shelf martini was definitely watered down!!!
Stay at the local places they got better rates and ratings but I was greedy for my reward points!!! Definitely Not the BEST Western- bummer!!!! You need to sell this property out to super 8 - sorry!!! Your builder robbed you.

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank dwright438
There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Northwoods Inn

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Please do not go there. Asked for the published AAA discount and the woman behind the counter said that could not be given because we had made reservations on line. She looked at me as if I had committed a sin and I was just a "scumbag!" I am the customer and only asked the question for the published discount. Just before us two youngish men had registered and she was super nice and sweet to them. We are an older couple and evidently were not worth to be given the light of day. Went next door and had the most amazing wonderful welcome, huge suite room and all the amenities we needed plus great breakfast.
No more Best Western Inn's for us EVER!

Room Tip: Don't go to this hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank tans0
Reviewed April 21, 2013

This hotel is a standard "Best Western" - a solid and comfortable hotel. There were two issues, one that is likely temporary and one that is more of a long-term problem.

The temporary issue was construction occuring in the parking lot and lobby entry. This created some minor challenges in accessing the lobby, but also resulted in heavy equipment and construction activity beginning at 7:30 a.m. This was not a problem for us since we were up and on the move, but I would have thought that should have been disclosed.

The long-term problem is with the "free breakfast". This Best Western provides breakfast through a buffet at the Northwoods Inn restaurant. The buffet was, in a word, terrible. The hot food wasn't just not hot, it was borderline inedible. Items that you would decide were failsafe items were just as bad ... rotten bananas, bruised apples, stale bread, hard pastries. This hotel would be better served to simply no longer offer breakfast and reduce rates by $10.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Eskot
Reviewed April 17, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Day 1 of our 10 day road trip from Portland OR to Los Angeles CA...after a long day of driving and sight seeing, our stop in Crescent City was more for utility than anything else. Our stay here at Best Western Plus Northwoods Inn was the perfect end to the day. Check in (and out) was quick and easy. Our room was exactly what we needed (quiet, clean, and comfortable). We had a king suite (which was needed as we needed to have separate sleeping area for teen traveling with us and the room had a separate living room with queen size pullout sofa). It was in the back corner building so we were away from the front parking lot and street. This corridor of Crescent City is nothing to look at, and the area where this strip of hotels are located looks somewhat "industrial" but don't hold that against them. The facility had a small pool and hot tub (which was needed and appreciated after a long day in the car). Breakfast was included (full hot and cold buffet) at the on site restaurant. Made reservation directly with the hotel which honored a lower Internet rate I found, so this was greatly appreciated. Over all, I would definitely recommend this property...two thumbs up.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that suites your needs, ie; upper floor, or quiet room, near pool, away from restaura...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Location is like much everything else in Crescent City, along Hwy 101 corridor. Across street from other businesses and the ocean access.
Check in was fast and friendly, and the rep fully explained the property, restaurant, pool hrs, and check out time. She reiterated to me that it was imperative that if I did not want to be disturbed be sure to put the "do not disturb sign on your door early".
Room was clean and spacious. Comfortable queen bed, flat screen TV; heating/air cond unit available but never needed heat or air. Bathroom had plenty of plush towels/cloths, and was likewise spotless.
Having the mini fridge and microwave was a plus as I brought my own foodstuffs with me.
You would think that being along a busy major thoroughfare (Hwy 101) there would be a lot of traffic noise, but just the opposite. Never heard a sound, although I was on the "back side" of the property. But, even when I was in the front of the motel noise was minimal.

The hotel provided a free breakfast at the restaurant adjacent to their property. Foods were buffet style, with eggs, sausage, fruit, cereal, biscuits/gravy, sweet rolls, juices, coffee, milk, offered from 6am-10pm, I was up early at 6am and in the restaurant before 7 so there were few people and large selection of foods (I read other reviews here that state that foodstuffs "run low by 9am), and since the property parking lot was full I assume it was booked while I was there. Food was hot, and good, and no crowds. It was better than most places I have stayed that offer a "free breakfast". It was obvious there were lots of locals coming in and out while I was eating, so this place is not just for visitors.

Two minor things occurred while I was here. There were quite a few families with unattended children playing in the parking lot while I was here. Several times i viewed the kids going to rooms with the "do not disturb" signs already out and they turned them around so that they read ""please clean my room". This can be more than a nuisance for a late night arrival who puts out the sign expecting to get a few hours of undisturbed rest, only to have housekeeping
see the erroneous sign at 7am, think the room needs to be cleaned immediately, and disturbs a sleeping guest(s) unintentionally. When the kids changed the sign on my door I caught them and took them to their parents room and explained what their kids had been doing; they were made to correct each of the room signs they had changed.
This is not the properties fault, just saying it happened here.

The other thing that occurred was at check out. I left my room at 9:15am and walked to the office to check out. Check out was slow, with a line out the door as there was only one clerk at the desk; he also had to stop and answer a recurring ringing phone, which i thought was annoying with so many people waiting to check out in the lobby. Anyway, by the time I got checked out at approx 9:30am, i walked back to my room where my car was parked and I found housekeeping already in my room stripping the bed and cleaning!
They advised me that they saw me walk out of my room and assumed I was leaving. They had assumed correctly, this time, but I thought what if I had just gone for a walk, or walked to breakfast, etc and was coming back to my room in a few minutes instead of checking out?
Not a good policy of housekeeping or the motel, to assume things IMO.

Overall, it was an OK stay and I would stay here again. I did not get a chance to use the spa/pool or exercise room.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side, away from the freeway, will be quieter. Two levels to hotel, no elevators, s...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank hook026
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I'm a frequent visitor to this hotel. I have always enjoyed the best in welcoming and hospitality at the front desk, and they offer comfortable beds. This is sort of a plain jane of Best Western hotels, but it's still a good place to stop and spend time on the California North Coast.

Ask for a room in the way back building to have the most peace and quiet.

Although I am not much of a fan at the complimentary breakfast on site, I can vouch that everything that's supposed to be hot is hot and cold is cold. The staff is always cheerful and friendly. I have eaten supper in the restaurant as well. It was just ok but again, it was a pleasant experience.

The restaurant next door off property (Good Harvest Cafe) is EXCELLENT! And you can walk over, so no worries about driving if you have an adult beverage.

Good value here, in a lovely seaside city. I will keep coming back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back building for more quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Anchor Beach Inn
#8 of 19 in Crescent City
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
BEST WESTERN Beachfront Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Northwoods Inn? Share your experiences!