The good: rooms were clean, nice enough pool, free wifi, BREAKFAST!
The bad: charges for in-room safe, value for money, no NBC feed, sauna didn't seem to work
The ugly: the decor... so dated!
Booked 2 rooms here for a family road trip. Not much to the town itself... kind of wish we'd stayed the extra night in Oregon. Motel is one of those old fashioned types with the parking out front, exterior stairways to the second level, and outside access to rooms. Room style was very dated: peach colours, 'sanitary napkin' paper bags in bathroom. Room was clean, but with dated bedspreads and carpet how clean could it actually be? Room was also pretty small with a, inconvenient vanity area as well. Security seemed off: the locks worked, however you could see a crack of light under the door and it just felt really odd/uncomfortable to hear the street noises so close and loud.
Breakfast is not at the motel, but instead at the restaurant across the parking lot. It was amazing: we got vouchers from the motel and experienced fresh California strawberries, good selection of buffet items, and reasonable service.
Two big irritations were the TV and the safe issues. As others have written, this place has no NBC feed, which made it difficult to follow the Olympics! Not sure if because there's no local NBC affiliate, but don't most places have satellite anyway? We also got charged a few dollars for the in-room safe fee. We didn't use the safe, and weren't informed of this expense. Find it kind of cheap to squeeze a few more dollars out of every room, every night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Best Western Northwoods Inn, Crescent City's most popular home away from home! We assist with family vacations, our knowledgeable staff informed and intent on helping you make the best of your visit to our beautiful area. Come stay with us while you marvel at Del Norte County's majestic Redwood Forests; experience the thrill of real whale watching; and enjoy superb fishing in our pristine Klamath and Smith Rivers. The Redwood National Forest headquarters is just a hop and a skip away where informative Rangers can show you the best spots in Jedediah State Park, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Best Western, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Northwoods Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Northwoods Hotel Crescent City
- Best Western Northwoods Hotel
- Best Western Crescent City
- Crescent City Best Western