We stayed here for one night as a stopover on our trip through the redwoods. The place was completely full when we arrived, but we had a prepaid Hotwire reservation (so we avoided the safe fee). We had a room in the front motel-style building. We had a first-floor room, and you could hear the other guests quite clearly. From TVs to random thuds to AC and plumbing noise, the room was annoyingly loud. There were a lot of bumps and watermarks and imperfections on the ceiling and walls, but everything was clean.
The TV was a new flat-panel, but it only got 35 channels. None were HD, and they didn't have NBC. Normally, we wouldn't care, but we wanted to watch the Olympics, so it was disappointing. We used their laundry facilities, and they were pretty mediocre. The washing machines were small and they left the clothes completely soaked (virtually no spin cycle). Even though we wrung out several pairs of jeans before drying them, they came out of the dryer still dripping wet. As there was a line, we had to take them back to the room before bringing them back and drying them again.
Service was fine, but not exceptional. The breakfast in the morning was slightly better than average. Yes, most items are premade, but what BW or Fairfield or Hampton or HIE has completely fresh items? The pancakes were good and the potatoes were nice. However, the pastries were below par. The premade cinnamon buns were cut in half, and the other muffins and bagels were pretty bad. I couldn't find any danishes. We paid about $125 (total) through Hotwire, and I know this is the peak of the tourism season. Even though the rooms normally go for $175 through the BW website, I thought that we still paid too much for the quality of the stay that we had.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Best Western Northwoods Inn, Crescent City's most popular home away from home! We assist with family vacations, our knowledgeable staff informed and intent on helping you make the best of your visit to our beautiful area. Come stay with us while you marvel at Del Norte County's majestic Redwood Forests; experience the thrill of real whale watching; and enjoy superb fishing in our pristine Klamath and Smith Rivers. The Redwood National Forest headquarters is just a hop and a skip away where informative Rangers can show you the best spots in Jedediah State Park, and much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Best Western, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Best Western Plus Northwoods Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Northwoods Hotel Crescent City
- Best Western Northwoods Hotel
- Best Western Crescent City
- Crescent City Best Western