“No. 1 restaurant in America (according to my 5 year old)”
Review of Apple Peddler

Apple Peddler
Ranked #23 of 54 Restaurants in Crescent City
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Quick cheap food for when the family just wants some comfort food. We had the combination platter, plus meatloaf and mash for the kids (HUGE meal - could easily split between two kids), grilled fish for the wife and surf n turf special for the husband. Not haute cuisine, but good honest value ... especially with the $10 discount coupon given to us by the B&B next door where we were staying (Ocean View Inn, see separate review). The blackberry cobbler is a fabulous finish to the meal (while the "no. 1 best dessert ever" was the turtle split, as recommended by said 5 year old). A good night.

apple p, General Manager at Apple Peddler, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Thank you so much for coming in and I am glad that we could make this an enjoyable place to visit.

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I'd been to another in the chain before this. Wasn't impressed then either. Staff eager to please, food of good quality, prices a little higher than I wanted.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

This is an average restaurant, but that is why I like it. Often times I want food that just tastes good without a lot of fuss. I don't need crape suzette daily or even monthly. I do like fried chicken. They call theirs "Honey Dipped" fried chicken. It is frozen and deep fried, but very good and perfect for our often rainy cold weather. This wont be the best food you ever had, but it will be good, safe, well served and tasty. That's good in my book.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Depends on the day you go there and which cook is working on how decent the food is. There are better places to eat in town.

I am sorry to hear that it depends on the cook, I have been working hard to get some new ones trained since I took over in mid September, and retrain some of the ones that where already here. I have been a cook myself, and know how important it is for the cook to know that the person eating it likes it. All of the cooks here really care, and want you to leave happy that you had a good meal.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Nov, 9 2012 @ 3:30p

Great place to take the family
Fast and friendly service, excellent food for a small diner.

Took the family out for dinner. I ordered french dip sandwich and onion rings, husband ordered Philly steak sandwich and clam chowder bread bowl, and my son ordered kids pizza. Food was average diner price's, the food proportions were more then we expected. Food was full of flavor, mouthwatering, and we walked away stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey :) plus we had plenty of leftovers to take home. Waitress was accommodating and friendly... We even had the cook come over to our table after we finished our meal to make sure we were satisfied with our meal, which has never happened at any restaurant i've been to.

My husband and I moved to Crescent City couple months back. This was the last restaurant we tried in town, because it doesn't look the greatest on the outside and saw all the bad reviews, but after being disappointed of every other diner in town we decided to give the a shot. I fullheartedly disagree with all the bad review's and i'm a picky eater. Glad I decided to take a chance here, my husband and I will definitely be repeat customers and will definitely recommend it to others.

Thank you for giving us a try, Crescent has alot to offer and we hope to be a part of that.