“Fish tacos were excellent”

Chart Room Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Chart Room is a local favorite seafood restaurant in Crescent City that offers casual waterfront dining, and was voted Best Seafood & Best Clam Chowder in the Readers Choice Award. At the Chart Room, we like to offer great tasting hearty meals, so we prepare our breakfasts, lunches and dinners with fresh quality ingredients.
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We ate here on a recommendation from a friend. I'm glad we did. The fish tacos were awesome, fried clam strips and the fish and chips were also good. We loved the coleslaw. The view is nice. You can see the lighthouse and the water. It was noisy and it's not a fancy restaurant by any means but the food is great and the price reasonable.

Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant has excellent fresh fish, clam chowder was far best in Crescent City. The side salads are amazing an go beyond the ordinary with sprouts an olives. .dressings are delish as is the tartar sauce. I saw others that ordered the big specialty salads. .they look amazing.

1  Thank Debbie E
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We enjoyed this restaurant and the view! The food was good but the service could've been better! Our waitress forgot about us in the corner! But it was worth the wait! The crab and shrimp sandwiches were delicious along with the clam chowder!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

Went here based on reviews. What a disappointment. My Mom and I are driving down the coast. We're not picky - we just expected a somewhat decent meal of seafood for being right on the ocean. Dining room is noisy and busy -- okay if it's because the food is great.

The wine is cheap - literally - at $3.95/glass. Overpriced. They close at 8pm so we went at 7:30. My Mom got "the last baked potato" in the place, so I had the "rice pilaf." She got the swordfish and I had the "Local Caught Pacific Cod." The cod was okay, but the swordfish was incredibly overcooked (she choked it down). The baked potato was good. I was jealous. The rice pilaf was mushy and had odd bits of mushroom and unpeeled dirty-looking carrots in it, and odd overcooked bits of green bell pepper. (Packaged/frozen?) My memories of airplane food are better. My Mom's "Steamed Fresh Vegetables" included stems, yes stems! of broccoli. We have pictures to confirm.

The best part of the meal for me was the "garlic toast" which was basically Wonder Bread with some butter and garlic salt poured on it.

All this for over SIXTY BUCKS and my Mom didn't even have an adult beverage.

Here's the best part -- I barely made it back to my hotel room at the Anchor Inn nearby before I had, well, almost a Number Two accident of the worst kind....

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I love the fish and chips, it's a seasonal restaurant. With awesome beers to choose from and fish, clam chowder to die for. Awesome ocean veiws, seal lions, and some big waves if you are a sufer. The resutrant is always busy, and there is a line but the wait isn't to bad they also have a nice breakfast. It's family style, so bring the kids, and leave the dog in the car, or at home. I look forward to the opening every season so I can get my fish fix.

1  Thank Janeen M