“Clean room for stopping on a road trip”
Review of Front Street Inn

Front Street Inn
Vancouver, Canada
“Clean room for stopping on a road trip”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We were on a road trip from Seattle to San Francisco, and stopped at the Front Street Inn for one night. If all you are looking for is a clean and comfortable bed for the night, this is it. The owners were really nice, the room was clean, had a fridge and a microwave, and the bathroom was ok. The bathtub drained pretty slowly, but as soon as I switched to the shower, it drained fast enough. For the price, it was more than an decent stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wookai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Northern California
Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

If you are the type of traveler who requires high-end linens, toiletries and decor, this is not the place for you. If you want the basics - value, location, cleanliness, and friendly service - give the Front Street Inn a try.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Julie G
Klamath Falls, Oregon
Reviewed August 29, 2013

New owners have fixedup this place to no end. Clean rooms, extra friendly, pet and child friendly. Grest family rooms perfect prices. And just walk acrossed the street and there is the walk way to the beach.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank bdonahoe1981
Sacramento CA
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My first impression of my room was very positive. The furniture was old but had been painted, the carpet was ancient but appeared clean and not too worn. The room seemed clean and at first I was pleased. Then I opened the microwave and found the last guest’s food spilled on the turntable. So then I started wondering, what else do they not clean between guests? The sheets? Towels? I took a shower and found that the ‘hot’ water was not hot at all, it was barely lukewarm throughout my 4-night stay. Also the tub was not draining and I was ankle deep in creepy water. If the housekeeping staff ever cleaned the tub they would know about the drain problems. Then I tried to work at the table and found that the chairs were too soft and low for the table. My keyboard was at chin height. Also my arms were sticking to the edge of the sticky dirty table. After a short time I had a severe backache so decided to read in bed. This is when I found out that the lamp doesn’t work. I exchanged bulbs with another lamp, still didn’t work. Also I found that the curtains did not completely cover the width of the window. There were gaps on either side. I could still see the busy street that the window faces, and the homeless people drinking wine under the bushes across the street. I turned on the television and found that it was extremely staticky and snowy, and often blinked out entirely (no signal) for a few minutes. The next day when I got back from work at 5:00pm I found the bed unmade, no clean towels, housekeeping had skipped my room. Although they did show up on the next days, someone else’s food was spilled in the microwave during my entire 4-night stay. I am returning to Crescent City next month and I already cancelled my reservation at Front Street. I will stay at another hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SQ1845

Travelers are raving about these Crescent City hotels

Ogden, Utah, United States
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I made our reservation online because it got good reviews and was inexpensive. When we pulled in to the lot we immediately pulled out and checked some other places but they were more than we wanted to spend. We went back and when we went into the office the smell of fish was so overwhelming it almost made me gag. I asked to see the room and was shown room 24 which was little more than a closet. Do not stay in this room!! I asked for a different room partly because it was just terrible and partly because the fish smell was wafting in. We ended up with room 27 and it was much better. It was clean and the bed was decent but the water didn't get much warmer than, well....warm. Overall, it was a bed to sleep in and the staff was really nice though I most likely would not choose to stay here again.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed two nights and I would recommend for anyone looking for value, location, and service. The hotel is just minutes from Redwood National forest, our room was clean and Alice was always smiling, always helpful. She even brought homemade cookies and hot chocolate to my daughter. It made her night.

• Stayed August 2013
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Being on the economic side, Front Street Inn was a very pleasant experience. We had clean rooms and the people running it was very nice. We checked 3 other places first and were happy to find this one.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family