Front Street Inn
$143
$128
Oceanfront Lodge(Crescent City)
$139
Ocean View Inn & Suites(Crescent City)(Great Value!)
$120
$116
Motel 6 Crescent City(Crescent City)
$63
$72
$61
Redwood Inn(Crescent City)
$79
$75
$114
Lighthouse Inn(Crescent City)(Great Value!)
$114
$111
Anchor Beach Inn(Crescent City)
$106
$103
Crescent Beach Motel(Crescent City)(Great Value!)
$90
Official Site
All reviewsfamily roomroadside motelcoffee makerno frillstwo queen bedswould stay here again
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I normally do not write reviews but seeing that I use and trust tripadvisor I thought I'd help someone from making a wrong decision.

First of all, do NOT be enticed by the low price. The saying 'you get what you pay' is so true here. We made reservations on Priceline and we were charged $56 a night. The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful but that's where the goodness ends. As soon as we walked out of the office there was a group of unsavory men/older teens smoking outside on the top floor right below us. They did not threaten us or anything but it was a pretty uncomfortable feeling. Especially when you have young kids. Also, my sister stayed on the street right behind the hotel in a RV and some guys were knocking on her door in the middle of the night asking for a smoke and lighters.

When we opened up the door to our room the smell was so disgusting that we all lost our appetite. The room just dingy, outdated and dirty. I have never stayed in a hotel like this ever, and I've paid about this price or less for other hotel rooms. We were booked for 2 nights but as soon as we walked in I called priceline and canceled the next night. They gave me a full refund with no penalties. The front desk was also very friendly when we said we wanted a refund.

Moral of the story...nice front desk staff, [--] hotel. Don't do it especially if you have young kids. You'll be sleeping with one eye open all night

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank shanbind
Reviewed July 25, 2012

They told us that the are under new Ownership and that the old owner has so bad votes on the internet. We sleeped two nights there and everyone was really friendly to us, the rates were very low and the rooms were used but okay! I traveld 4 weeks through USA and have seen much worse rooms. THe internet worked very fine and I was really glad to have fast internet!

Stay there it is very good for the money you pay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2012

under a new owner, friendly, and good service. the room is very clean and comfortable, has a reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 995Lily
Reviewed July 21, 2012

Changed owner 4 months ago (today, 21 july 2012.) My SO had a good talk with the new owner as they both have Cantonese. We really enjoyed the stay. Large shower, comp. coffee maker and coffee. And we just wanted a place to stay and a little TV before bed as we travelled home to Vancouver, BC from SF.

I give it a 5 for value for money.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 20, 2012

If you're looking a nice, clean place to stay in Crescent City, California, the Front Street Inn is a great little hotel.  It literally is across the street from the Pacific Ocean and from my upstairs room, I enjoyed the view of the waves splashing onto the beach.   I read some negative reviews about this hotel but discovered its under new ownership and the owners have put a ton of work into the place.   It's an older hotel, not fancy but very clean.  My roon had new bedding, carpet was clean, loved having the small refrigerator in the room and since I'm a non smoker I was very pleased the room was oderless, but  most of all it had a great reasonable rate.   I'd certainly recommend this to my friends for a fun stay on the coast.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstair suite room with great views of the Pacific Ocean.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo