“Decent Motel”
Review of Anchor Beach Inn

Anchor Beach Inn
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Nothing fancy, but clean and a little worn. Had a fridge and microwave. Had a great view of the RV park next door. Made a waffle at continental breakfast. Would probably try a different place if I was there again, but it was a decent place.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 23, 2014

This hotel had very rude clerks at the front desk with exception of the manager. We stayed 2 nights and 3 days our hotel key would not work and had to be re – programed daily. When we asked the clerks to reprogram it they acted like it was an inconvenience to them. The hotel washer was broken so they had their staff using the wash room that was intended for their customers and we were forced to go to a laundry facility in town to do laundry as a mother of 3 this was a huge inconvenience. The second day the juice machine in the lobby and coffee machine did not work and the clerk did not care. There was in adequate seating for there so called breakfast included 3 small round tables with 12 chairs total. Are room was musty smelling and the carpets were not very clean. They gave us 4 towels for a family of 5. There so called beach view was overlooking a trailer park with a little bit of ocean in the back ground. There walking beach access was of a small part of dirty beach with quite a few homeless people and oblivious drug users from the trailer park. For the amount of money this hotel cost was nowhere close to worth it I could have had better service camping in my car. When I asked for a receipt the clerk sighed and tossed it on the counter. Overall I don’t recommend this hotel because of overall service and promised amenities that they did not honor for the price was horrible. I forgot to include that our A/C did not work in our room for our entire stay when we notified the staff they said they would send maintance very rudely and never did. We also ordered a roll away bed witch we had to call about and go in the office for three times and the clerk basically acted as if we had never ordered it and insisted on confirming with housekeeping that the requested bed was another room and not ours. Eventually we did get our bed but after dealing with a snotty know it all clerk who had her facts wrong.

Room Tip: I chose this room based on a few reviews I should have read up more on the reviews than just a coupl...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Janice W
Reviewed June 20, 2014

I found it to be well kept, pleasant and perfect for an overnight stay on my drive along the West Coast. Free hotel breakfast was fine, television and amenities worked well. Ocean view is almost non existent but who cares, you come to a hotel to sleep, if you want to see the ocean then you go to the beach. It was quiet and very suitable for a nights rest.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Brendan H
Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Walked in our room and it instantly smelled clean. It was also very spacuous. Good view of the beach. The beach was accessible just around the corner. We left a guitar in the room and Emily called us to inform us. See you next time. Thanks again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The property did not provide as good a view of the ocean as its location would seem to indicate. The room met our expectations with regard to quiet, cleanliness, amenities and comfort. A breakfast came with the room. The keycard often had to be swiped several times before the door to the room could be opened. The motel didn't have a restaurant but there were a few within walking distance to the motel. There was nothing that would keep us from staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side can give you a glimpse of the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Esorod
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Pet friendly which was the key to choosing this hotel. I had 4 dogs with me 2 German Shepherds and 2 small puppies. They charged me something for the dogs but a normal fee like most hotels do. I could back my car right in front of the door which was ideal for un-loading the trunk and the dogs. The room was "quaint" had that vintage Cape Cod feel to it.The décor clearly was out dated, the wall paper, the bedcover, but it worked because it had this partial ocean view and it seemed like it wasn't supposed to be a modern motel. The room was really clean and adequate in every way. They had free wifi and a good coffee maker and premium soaps and travel size containers. There was an overly powerful perfume smell in the room that was not appealing at all. They could back off with that and use more of a lemony deodoriser which more people would like. No restaurant on site, no views really, from the room I had ( close to the highway and pet friendly) but super friendly front staff, and quick speedy check in, so I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2014

1 night stay, and this was perfect on the way to the redwoods. Room was clean, service was good, breakfast was decent. Did opt for an ocean view, which wasn't really that great and probably not worth it, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#14 of 19 in Crescent City

Been to Anchor Beach Inn? Share your experiences!