“Decent motel for the price”
Review of Anchor Beach Inn

Anchor Beach Inn
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Crescent City
Roseburg, Oregon
“Decent motel for the price”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Overall, it was a good stay for the price we paid. The rooms were spacious, the hot tub was very large and the kids had a good time in it (though only open from 5-10:00 pm). The staff was very helpful. It was not luxury - the linens were cheap, the pillows were thin, the towels were small. The RV Park was quiet and didn't bother me and it was nice to be close to a good beach. The breakfast was simple and they only had 3 tables to sit at, so we brought it back to the room. The room was clean and didn't have a smell that others mentioned.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Heidi B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Ravalli
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

The room was spacious, clean, and recently redone. The bed was very comfortable, and we had an ocean view. The room price was very reasonable. The desk staff even gave us a view room for no extra charge! The front desk staff was so friendly! They visited with us and recommended good eats nearby. We would definitely stay there again!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Nancy M
Redding, California
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Family of 5 stayed here. Walked to sandy beach, warmed up in hot tub, enjoyed waffles at small, but satisfying breakfast area, looked out at great view from second story room. Safe, comfortable, friendly with restaurants nearby. Good base station for Crescent City fun. Price good. Our preference should we come back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Rhd1991
Sandpoint, Idaho
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

What a lovely surprise. Large, comfortable room with nice view. While out side was pouring down rain and windy, we were quite comfortable inside. Nice office staff. Just behind the hotel, we found The Crab Shack, got a fresh crab which was cooked, cleaned and washed for us and all very reasonably. We'd return!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sailorsaway
Callahan, California
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Have stayed here a few times now with my wife and our dog, and friends I take out fishing. Always clean and the staff pleasant.
There is a trailer park to one side, but the people are quiet and respectful.
There is a wonderful view of the beach and Pacific ocean on one side.

Room Tip: Beach and ocean views are to the south side of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank deerhuntr
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I was excited to get a room with an ocean view until I looked out my window! An RV scummy parking lot was what I saw. These RVs have been parked there for a long time bc it appears that they live there. The rooms are clean, but the cleaning products they use are STRONG! I had to air out my room it was so bad. The bathroom light is positioned where it makes it dark to take a shower. The person who put that light up wasn't that "bright" lol. The front desk isn't professional, but I wouldn't expect much bc it is a motel. The breakfast is a joke and it is very small. Find another place and take my word bc I stay in A LOT of hotels with my career.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
8 Thank Misstravelqueen7

Travelers are raving about these Crescent City hotels

Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I read some reviews about The Anchor Beach Inn, and decided to take the chance that it was as good as people reported. I was also very happy with my accommodations! Check-in was quick, the room was clean and felt "new," and I LOVED the little bay window with the ocean view! Best of all, the price for an ocean view was VERY reasonable, not like other hotels that jump up the price to see something other than a parking lot. I will definitely stay here again! I can't speak about the breakfast, as I decided to go to Denny's just up the street (north) and enjoy some scrambled eggs. But it was nice to have a breakfast option at the hotel, if I wanted it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an ocean view.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
#12 of 18 in Crescent City

Been to Anchor Beach Inn? Share your experiences!