“Nice hotel with very clean large rooms”
Review of Lighthouse Inn

Lighthouse Inn
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Lighthouse Inn. The staff was helpful & friendly. Our room & bathroom were spacious, very clean and well furnished. It was so nice to have a fluffy comforter on the king size bed instead of the usual bedspread. We also had a wet bar & mini fridge. The included breakfast was ok, enough to fuel us until lunch, but nothing special other than the best coffee! The landscaping could use some attention. The price is a bit more than some of the other motels in the area, but its also much nicer. The location right on the rocky beach with views of Battery Point Lighthouse can't be beat-beautiful!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Lighthouse Inn is a wonderful hotel in a very convenient location. The lobby was nice and inviting, and the rooms were very comfortable and pleasant. It was very close to numerous restaurants and we enjoyed walking from the hotel to restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ColoRAD4
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed for a week at the Lighthouse Inn; we were impressed with the cleanliness of the hotel & friendliness of the staff. Our room (which was HUGE) was also on the bayside --the construction didn't bother us at all and we too, had our window open all night --which was wonderful! We also appreciated that there were restaurants (at least 3) within walking distance. The continental breakfast was exactly that --a continental breakfast-- that included what one would expect. There were a variety of breads, pastries, muffins, plus oatmeal packets, apples/bananas & hard-cooked eggs; two different juices, milk, hot chocolate packets as well as coffee & hot water for tea 24/7. We recommend this hotel and if we ever find ourselves back in Northern California (we live on the east coast), we definitely would stay at the Lighthouse Inn!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way to SoCal. The room fit our family of 4 comfortably. My kids were disappointed that there was not a pool. The hotel was clean. WiFi did not work very well in our room which was annoying. The continental breakfast in the morning was lacking on choices but it did the job. Would I stay again? Probably not, I would choose a different town/city to stop in.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I like to go to Crescent City for the local fishing. We stumbled on to this place while looking at the many murals throughout town.
This is really a nice hotel, right on the hghway, priced fairly for the quality, and the quality is #1
Very nice open lobby and very good staff.
The continental breakfast is plentiful and of very good quality. We were informed it started at 7:00 AM and were really disappointed that we would miss it. When they found we were leaving early to fish, they said no problem and had it laid out for us at 4:00 AM.
The room #215 was spacious with a nice size fridge and microwave. The table, chair and sofa provided us enough room to share wine with friends who were staying there.
There is a laundry room with two washers and dryers.
When I had to catch a cab to the airport, a list of companies was promptly handed to me.
One note, cabs in this area are not very reliable on hours of operation. Of the 5 companies, only one answered our call. Two operate at night, one was on vacation and one referred us to another number. Order in advance!
This is a very well run hotel, close to the pier and withing walking distance of several nice restaurants. Would recommend the Grotto and Northwoods.
I can't think that any other hotel in town would be as good.

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room on the top floor. You can hear noise from the floors above. We had a room f...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I have NEVER written a bad review before, but I will make an exception for this place.

When we arrived, the toilet was plugged. When I called down to the front desk, I was told, "I am the only one here. If you come down to the front desk, I'll loan you a plunger. Sorry, that's all I can offer."

When I came downstairs to retrieve the plunger, there was NO ONE at the front desk. Instead, the desk clerk was OUTSIDE in front having a cigarette. So, apparently it was not all that imperative for him to stay behind the desk. He was able to leave for a smoke break, but not to assist a customer.

When we checked out the next morning, and was asked how we enjoyed the stay, I let the desk clerk know that it had NOT been a good experience, and then relayed the previous evening's experience, thinking there might be some good faith effort made to 'make things right', as I consider a bad review an absolute last resort. The morning desk clerk didn't seem to have a clue as to how to handle a customer complaint.

All in all, this motel stay goes down in my personal history as the worst ever. Hopefully, your mileage varies, but I won't be giving this place another chance.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Susan W
Reviewed August 11, 2013

The room was right across from the harbor. They were working on it from the tsunami damage. We thought we would here the construction but we didn't. Very quiet even with the window open at night. Loved that the had washers and dryer to wash our sons muddy clothes from the beach earlier in the day. The continental breakfast was a little lacking. But there was a Resturant across the street. Love the place.

• Stayed: August 2013
Anchor Beach Inn
Anchor Beach Inn
#7 of 19 in Crescent City
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area

Been to Lighthouse Inn? Share your experiences!