“Very clean, roomy, well kept”
Review of Lighthouse Inn

Lighthouse Inn
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Crescent City
Daytona Beach Shores, Florida
“Very clean, roomy, well kept”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We made our reservation very early, glad we did as two busses pulled in, and it was full. Overheard many people talking ( most were from Europe) that this was the cleanest hotel they had ever stayed in. Especially the bathrooms. High praise from many travellers. We agree, the hotel was immaculate. Plenty of restaurants nearby, and one right next door. We would gladly stay here again, as it was so pleasant and clean. Rooms on top floor best. Our room was huge, like a mini-suite, and affordable.

Room Tip: rooms not facing the highway are much quietier. Larger rooms are very reasonable.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Based on TripAdvisor, I booked this hotel for both the trip down the coast and on the return leg back north. I was very happy to have made the reservations early as this hotel and almost every other we had booked via TripAdvisor was full completely full.

The room and the hotel was very clean, and the room was rather (long) large. On the trip down we had a room on the 2nd floor. The room above us, got a little noisy after 10pm however, a quick call to the front desk resulted in a immediate end any problems for the rest of the evening.

As mentioned by others, having the room fan and AC set correctly before you goto sleep will keep the temperature comfortable while keeping the highway Tractor noise from becoming a problem. I do like to sleep with a window open, however, the highway is too close and too busy to allow for that.

While checking out on the first night, I asked for a room on the top floor for the return trip in 7 days and the front counter staff was very happy to update and confirm my reservation on the spot.

Having the top floor on the return trip, we heard nothing from any of the rooms around us. And the hotel was fully booked, however, the staff remained very friendly and we enjoyed our second night.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor are the quietest. The rooms at the front of the hotel will pick up noise for...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I chose to stay at the Lighthouse Inn based on previous TripAdvisor reviews. I was on a road trip with a friend and needed a one-night stopover between northern Oregon and the Napa Valley. We didn't need fancy or modern - we just needed clean and safe. Many hotels have minimum stay requirements over holiday weekends (we were traveling over the Labor Day long weekend), but the Lighthouse Inn was fine with us just staying the one night.

Location/rooms:

The hotel is located right on the 101 highway, so it was super-easy to find (even after a 9-hour drive). The rooms were clean and very large. Ours had 2 queen-sized beds and 2 (very comfortable) full-sized couches, a coffee table, plus a table and chairs for in-room dining.

The in-room wifi was a little spotty - it worked up to the edge of the bed, but not over in the couch/sitting area. Being a writer, this was a little disappointing, as I had to either sit on the bed to write, or carry my laptop back and forth every time I needed to look something up online.

My only issue with the room layout was that there was only 1 sink/counter area, and it was located in the main part of the room, not the bathroom. It felt a little weird to wash hands/brush teeth/do makeup etc. in the same space where we stored/washed food. Plus, I tried not to think about the germs on the bathroom doorknob...

Breakfast:

The continental breakfast was your average pastry and cereal/carb fare, but here were hard-boiled eggs, which was nice. Unfortunately, there was no real coffee cream. As someone who enjoys eating healthy, and REALLY enjoys my morning coffee, sugary oil-based chemical whiteners are not an option. I would like to see the option of real half-and-half or coffee cream available, especially when paying around $100/night.

Staff:

I have no complaints, but I also have no praises. It started with an either surly or very busy reservation agent on the phone. I got clipped, one-word answers and no chance to ask for any additional information (such as a confirmation email or directions) after giving my credit card number. When I arrived, however, the front desk agent was very warm and hospitable, and our reservation was correct, which was a relief!

I would stay here again, but I'll have to remember to stop by a store to purchase coffee cream first. It may seem like a small thing, but after a long drive and an early morning, it was almost enough to put me over the edge!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 10, 2012

The location of the Lighthouse Inn is excellent and convenient.
The Lighthouse Inn was very pleasant and clean and the staff very courteous. The rooms were very spacious and clean and I would stay again and would certainly recommend The Lighthouse Inn.

Reno, Nevada
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Rooms were perfectly clean but pretty tired. The bed linen was adequate at best - my wife is not a terribly fussy traveler but even she was giving me the "why did you select this" look!
Noisy fan in the room but it helped block out road noise.

So compared to a lot of places we have stayed down the coast this one will not get a repeat visit - surely Best Western down the road has to be better.

Earlville, Iowa
Reviewed September 8, 2012

This hotel is very clean and you can tell that they care. It is a little older; but kept up. Nice to have a guest laundry and the breakfast did have some choices; not as many as some we have been to, but enough. Overall, we felt that it was a good choice for lodging for the night.

Room Tip: They have some rooms on the 3rd floor that have a view of the bay
Connecticut
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We had reserved a room for 1 night. When we arrived we asked for a room on the first floor, as they do not have an elevator, and the staff was very helpful in making this change. The room was clean and comfortable. We paid $126.50 total for a room with two queen beds. If we were to stay here again, we would try to arrive during daylight, as the roads leading up to it were very curvy and the area tends to get foggy at night. This is an ideal place to stay if you're visiting Redwood National Park. It is about 10 minutes from the Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park Visitor Centor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Anchor Beach Inn
#7 of 18 in Crescent City
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area
Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast

Been to Lighthouse Inn? Share your experiences!