“I had high hopes, but.....”
Review of 101 Hawaiian B B Q

101 Hawaiian B B Q
Ranked #13 of 52 Restaurants in Crescent City
Brookings, Oregon
“I had high hopes, but.....”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The food is OK. It lacks good seasoning. I had the teriyaki beef yakasoba. The main ingredient was undercooked white onions. Barely any noodles. The beef was just ok.
There were 4 of us and we all thought we should have gone to Wing Wah's.
I hear the tempura is good, but not at that price. I'm not paying $13.00 for tempura

• Visited October 2012

Bakersfield, California
“Over priced, over hyped, and under seasoned food makes it likely this place won't last long.”
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

We stopped in a couple weeks after opening on a Sunday after church. They were not busy and considering most of what's in a meal is previously prepared food such as rice and salad, it should not have taken nearly an hour to get our food. We didn't order as much as we would have liked once we realized their prices were outrageous and we weren't sure how much our kids would eat. My husband ordered the loco moco, which, personal taste aside, was not a fresh, high quality hamburger patty, certainly not worthy of the $10 they charge for it. I would even dare say it was a frozen patty. We also got the short ribs, which were the only tasty thing we ordered, but again, there were so few on top of huge servings of steamed rice, not worth the money. Not enough to share with anyone, we had very unhappy children with lots of rice and not enough ribs. We also ordered the kalua pork, which may not be what I thought it was supposed to be, but it was basically slow cooked unseasoned pork that I could do at home in my crock pot any day, also served with large amounts of rice and a gross macaroni salad that no one wanted. No one wanted the pork either because it was flavorless. Basically, if they don't change their business model, add more items with more flavor in smaller portions with smaller prices and less rice, they will not last long. They need the equivalent of street tacos here, not a sit down casual restaurant with plates full of rice and high prices to cover the cost of their opening. I want a refund. Crescent City should be offended that they think they can open a restaurant with high prices and not high standards and direct everyone to flock to their place just because it's new. We deserve better,I make better at home every day.

“AMAZING”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We tried it today for the first time and we were absolutely hooked to this place. It is so nice, elligant dining, and the food was finger licking good! I have had other fast food type Hawaiian BBQ and this place puts those to shame. The macaroni salad isn't smothered in mayo and was so perfect. My husband loves the Loco Moco which I also tried and it was so good. I had the short ribs and there was so much flavor and the rice was cooked perfectly. Their tropical iced tea is tasty too!!! Absolutely recommend this place to everyone... Especially visitors!

Crescent City, California
“SoSo”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Over priced for the quality of food and service. Wasn't very busy, we order drinks and food. Waitress brought over water but never brought the soda spent 10mins of trying to flag the waitress over, she wasnt paying attention. Finally had to stand up and walk over to her to remind her of the drinks. My chicken was burnt to a char on the bottom half it was gross. Husband order teriyaki beef and yaki soba for over $9 not much beef, and yaki soba was more cabbage then noodle's, he said it was good just not worth the price. His meal should have been $4 with how much food he received. Also the restaurant was tiny and just thrown together. The ceiling was insulation that was painted over, and you could see fiberglass particle's raining down in the restaurant when you look at the ceiling lights... This building should have been finished before they opened for business. Wont be eating here again!

Visited November 2012
Crescent City, California
“Almost Hawaiian”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The kalbi ribs were pretty good and there is a loco moco. But the place is called "Hawaiian BBQ". My wife and I were very disappointed to find that there is no shoyu chicken. As far as we are concerned it was ok food. Not bad but it didn't blow our socks off either. Really shouldn't be called a hawaiian place. More japanese than the hawaiian plate lunch style food we were hoping for.

• Visited October 2012