We stayed for three nights in June-July 2013.
• Friendly…we checked in and were in our room in under 10 minutes
• Andrew…tall, handsome man very knowledgeable, friendly. Went above and beyond helping tourists out with questions about Jedediah State Park.
• Andrew…also recommended a local restaurant.
• Andrew…is an asset to your hotel. Keep him!! He’s an asset to the Oceanfront Lodge
• Recommendation for even better service: Ensure there is a staff member at the desk at all times, even if it’s slow and minimal traffic in the lobby. I went down several times throughout my stay and no one was there. It just looks better to have someone there.
• It reminded me of a Holiday Inn on the ocean. It is the height of summer so I’m assuming rates may be higher and that is understandable. We had the two queen-sized beds room and it was not exceptional. I didn’t find the bed’s all that comfortable and the pillows were horrible. To be fair, I’ve a bad back, so few beds appease the vengeful Back God.
• Room/Maid Service was really great. She was there every day with fresh towels, etc. We also learned that if anything personal is on the bed, they can’t move it, so if you want your beds made, keep your crap off of them. haha
• The continental/complimentary breakfast was above and beyond any ‘complimentary’ I’ve had before. They served waffles, cereal, sausage, boiled eggs, orange juice, coffee. I thought that was pretty exceptional. I believe they’re trying to put a restaurant in there, so that ‘freebie’ may go away.
• I couldn’t figure out how to work the sauna, but that could be user error.
• There was something off about the pool. It didn’t seem super clean to me and I couldn’t really smell chlorine. I don’t know if it had been updated recently. Plus there was a few times I got into a mess of hair. That was kind of gross, so I just got out. I am not a pool-cleaning expert; this was just my experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Lodge, only 30 feet from the edge of the rugged Northern California coast, is the premier hotel in Crescent City, CA. During your stay, enjoy sweeping ocean vistas and a spectacular view of the famous Battery Point Lighthouse from one of our modern comfortable guestrooms. Our gracious hotel is also located in the heart of scenic Redwood country-truly an outdoor lover's paradise where hiking, fishing, bird-watching, and whale-watching opportunities are plentiful. Our inviting rooms are designed for comfort and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Oceanfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Hotel Crescent City
- Hampton Inn Crescent City
- Crescent City Hampton Inn