As a former local involved in planning a class reunion, we negotiated a rate of $99/nt for a standard room and had a block held for classmates coming in from out of town. We posted it on our website with a very nice description, including photos. It was a nice presentation and essentially free advertising. A month and a half later, we received a call telling us that the owner changed his mind and raised the rate to $169/nt/. You don't make a deal then change it.
Although over the years I have stayed here numerous time, I will never give this guy another penny! Furthermore, some of the other hotels in town are better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Lodge, only 30 feet from the edge of the rugged Northern California coast, is the premier hotel in Crescent City, CA. During your stay, enjoy sweeping ocean vistas and a spectacular view of the famous Battery Point Lighthouse from one of our modern comfortable guestrooms. Our gracious hotel is also located in the heart of scenic Redwood country-truly an outdoor lover's paradise where hiking, fishing, bird-watching, and whale-watching opportunities are plentiful. Our inviting rooms are designed for comfort and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Oceanfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Hotel Crescent City
- Hampton Inn Crescent City
- Crescent City Hampton Inn