We didn't have any of the noise that previous reviews mentioned even though we were concerned that there were lots of families with children running around the lobby when we checked in. We arrived without a reservation and settled on a King Suite on the 3rd (top) floor room 321 for $139 for one night. The room was at the end of the hallway and had a small balcony with a great view of the Pacific Ocean and the light house. The jacuzzi tub was nice after a day on the road. The room was an awkward shape and the furniture, which included a futon couch, was a weird fit. All in all this property has huge potential based on the location and view. The building seems slapped together and oddly appointed but didn't feel dirty or unsafe. We would stay here again but would hope to see improvement over time. I would request the same room and wouldn't pay more even during peak season unless there were some updates.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Lodge, only 30 feet from the edge of the rugged Northern California coast, is the premier hotel in Crescent City, CA. During your stay, enjoy sweeping ocean vistas and a spectacular view of the famous Battery Point Lighthouse from one of our modern comfortable guestrooms. Our gracious hotel is also located in the heart of scenic Redwood country-truly an outdoor lover's paradise where hiking, fishing, bird-watching, and whale-watching opportunities are plentiful. Our inviting rooms are designed for comfort and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Oceanfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Hotel Crescent City
- Hampton Inn Crescent City
- Crescent City Hampton Inn