Arrived after a long drive. The guy at the front desk was very helpful and tried to upgrade us to a bigger room because we had 4 of us, but they were full. Balcony room with 2 Queens was fine. Room was nice. You can see from old pictures & reviews on this site that this hotel used to be a Hampton Inn. We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Eureka/Arcata and I would put it on par with that. Breakfast in the morning was good. A little above your typical Comfort Inn/Holiday Inn Express type breakfast. Nice wine selection for sale in the lobby. Nice to sit on the balcony and watch the sunset (in sweatshirts and a blanket for us...it was cold).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Lodge, only 30 feet from the edge of the rugged Northern California coast, is the premier hotel in Crescent City, CA. During your stay, enjoy sweeping ocean vistas and a spectacular view of the famous Battery Point Lighthouse from one of our modern comfortable guestrooms. Our gracious hotel is also located in the heart of scenic Redwood country-truly an outdoor lover's paradise where hiking, fishing, bird-watching, and whale-watching opportunities are plentiful. Our inviting rooms are designed for comfort and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Oceanfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Hotel Crescent City
- Hampton Inn Crescent City
- Crescent City Hampton Inn