I don't understand why this hotel is not rated #1. We love Crescent City because of cool weather and local features ( e.g. Jediah Smith State Park) and go up once every couple of years. For the past several years we have stayed at what is now the Oceanfront Lodge (used to be Hampton Inn). The hotel is relatively new (under 10 years) and has excellent rooms...all right on the ocean with views. There is a "great room" where I enjoy reading and an exercise room with views of the ocean. Service is fine.
Rooms all have a small refer and microwave plus TV of course. Beds are very comfy.
We missed going up in 2009 and 2010 so maybe there was a dip in quality...from what I can see from below reviews. But we were there for 10 days in July, 2011 and enjoyed it as much as ever. If you enjoy the ocean I don't why one would stay anywhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oceanfront Lodge, only 30 feet from the edge of the rugged Northern California coast, is the premier hotel in Crescent City, CA. During your stay, enjoy sweeping ocean vistas and a spectacular view of the famous Battery Point Lighthouse from one of our modern comfortable guestrooms. Our gracious hotel is also located in the heart of scenic Redwood country-truly an outdoor lover's paradise where hiking, fishing, bird-watching, and whale-watching opportunities are plentiful. Our inviting rooms are designed for comfort and relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Oceanfront Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Oceanfront Hotel Crescent City
- Hampton Inn Crescent City
- Crescent City Hampton Inn