Crescent Beach Motel
Oceanfront Lodge(Crescent City)
$99
Lighthouse Inn(Crescent City)(Great Value!)
$89
Redwood Inn(Crescent City)
$75
$65
$132
$119
BestWestern.com
Anchor Beach Inn(Crescent City)
$80
$84
QualityInn
Ocean View Inn & Suites(Crescent City)(Great Value!)
$89
Hotels.com
Motel 6 Crescent City(Crescent City)
$63
Orbitz.com
All reviewssand dollarssliding glass dooroatmealhear the wavesno frillswooden deckcrescent beachhot chocolateenjoy the viewocean frontlight sleeperchart roombed was comfortableslidersnothing fancywould stay here againthin walls
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I want to thank Cade, Rosio and Mary Ann. They all helped in making our trip great. We were allowed to check in early and leave a little late because the house was not booked on either side of our visit. We only stayed one night and wished it could have been longer. The guest house is dated, its true. Yet, I feel they have upgraded the things that are important while keeping their prices very affordable. New rug, couch, TV, curtains, shower, toilet, windows. The towels were new, fluffy and white. You can't find a motel closer to the beach, easy walk and amazing views. There was a comment in the guest book about having games, books, and cards available. That would be nice, but not necessary. A pad of paper and a pen would keep people from ripping pages from the guest book for notes.
Over all it was a great experience and I can't wait to find a weekend to come out again. The location is wonderful yet the staff really put this place over the top.

Room Tip: Route 101 is right there. Quiet at night but If you are sensitive to road noise bring a fan for white noise or earplugs if you go to bed early or want to sleep late.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Crywild
Kade D, Manager at Crescent Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

I'm glad to see you enjoyed your stay! I'll definitely get a pad of paper and some pens out there for next time. I'll also see what I can do about some sort of activity for the rainy days. Rocio and Mary Ann will also be pleased to hear that you were all happy with the House.

Thanks again!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The Crescent Beach Motel is a pleasant "old fashioned" motel. The rooms are clean and comfortable. There is nothing fancy about this place, but it is a very enjoyable place to stay. It is right on the beach and a very short distance to downtown.

1  Thank Glenn K

Hi Glenn,

We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see you again and wish you safe travels!

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I can't say enough good things about this place. The price is way beyond reasonable! $88.00 a night with a clear ocean view from your bed! It's a very basic motel but that's how they're able to keep their rates down. They do have kurig (spelling) coffee makers with Costco coffee. It's very clean and all the staff are extremely friendly and helpful! The only negative thing I have to say about this place is the internet connection is slow the further away you are from the office. When we told them about the slow internet connection, she apologized and thanked us for letting her know so they could work on this issue. I wish we could have stayed here longer. This truly was a great place to come back to after a day of exploring the redwoods! Will defiantly be back! Just wish we didn't live so far!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the kind review! I'm sorry to hear about the slow internet speeds; we are somewhat at the mercy of our provider and they are not known around Crescent City as being terribly reliable. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed everything else, though and we definitely can't wait to see you again!

Reviewed March 28, 2014

The only place we've ever stayed in Crescent City is the KOA down the road a few miles (Another treasure) but on this trip I wanted a toilet in the room (Ok, so I'm getting old!) so I chose this place because it is right on the beach, and I love the old motels from the 40's and 50's. (And, yes, it does have a toilet- in fact there's one in every room!) So we arrive, put the key in the lock, swing the door back- and right in front of our room, through the sliding glass door, are horses on the beach! Beautiful! A beach outside your door is wonderful, horses are wonderful, but horses on the beach, right in front of our room? Fantastic! When we tore our gaze away fron the beach to check out the room, we saw a clean, average-looking room with a smart floor plan. The 2 beds were in separate alcoves, like 2 bedrooms, at the opposite ends of the room, with the closet and bathroom in the middle, which gave occupants some privacy from the usual set-up where the beds are sitting right next to each other. If you have kids, this would be great. The room was large and well-furnished, with a small desk, a table and 2 chairs, and even a chest of drawers in the closet area. The bathroom was very nice and well-stocked with towels and the usual mini soaps and 'poos. One basic thing it lacked, however, is a mini fridge and micro. There is a micro in the little breakfast area for use, but if you brought your own food, or have leftovers from a restaurant, be sure to bring an icechest. I thought every motel these days had a fridge! Hopefully they will update soon. There is a wonderful wide back deck that runs along the entire motel, complete with chairs. We ate our breakfast on it. As far as a motel breakfast, it was not the full one we like to see, but they did offer instant oatmeal, hot chocolate, coffee or tea, and apples and mandarines. The beach below the motel is wonderful. We were there on a very crowded Sat., and although the other end of the beach was filled with people, this end was open and uncrowded. We found several whole sand dollars and other shells while walking. The lighthouse can easily be seen from the motel, and we watched the sunset and fell asleep listing to the surf from our room. The only distraction in this oasis is that it is an older property, so the walls, I am certain, are made of paper. I heard our neighbors get in, heard every word they spoke. (which made me wish we had spoken much more quietly while we were in the room in the evening- I know our neighbors on the other side must have been fascinated with our Disney 20 Questions game we regaled them with!) I hope I didn't snore as I slept, but can tell you our neighbor sure did! So just expect this, ignore it, and prepare yourself to enjoy this wonderful gem of a motel! Can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Makelifefun
Kade D, Manager at Crescent Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

Thanks for the review and great pictures! We're happy that you enjoyed yourself here and hope that we will see you again in the future. We're currently working on the fridge issue and hopefully we'll be able to make your next stay as good as your last one.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I have stayed here numerous times and what keeps us coming back is that the motel is sitting just on the beach. You really cant find another place with this kind of location in the area unless you want to spend a ton of money. For the price, it's worth it... what we love: obviously the location, that every room has a sliding glass door out to the beach, the friendly service from front desk and housekeepers, the unlimited coffee and hot chocolate is great since it's usually a bit chilly on the northern coast. Things that could be improved: mini fridge/microwaves in rooms. There is one microwave available next to lobby but it sure would be nice to heat up a late snack in the room. No way to lock your sliding glass door from the outside... It's great that you can literally walk out your door to the beach, but it kind of takes the point away when you have to lock it from the inside, and then go out your front door and walk around to the back... would be great to be able to lock up room from the back porch.. Also the new Kuerigs in the rooms are nice but I'd actually rather have a pot. I need waaay more than one cup of coffee to get me going lol. Keep in mind the rooms are very basic, but then again they are priced right. I would highly recommend taking kids here for a family vaca! very convenient for little ones, no loading up the car and messing with carseats and wet sand in the car... just go outside and play, come back in and take a bath! We will continue coming to this motel but it would be really great if management would consider a few upgrades!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the kind review! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and we are definitely looking to make some improvements in future. The building is a bit long in the tooth, so getting the electrical side of things in order is the most difficult aspect of our improvements, but we do hope to have fridges in all of the rooms soon. The sliding glass doors will probably have to remain as they are, unfortunately. Key locks tend to get rusty on the back deck in the salty sea air; in fact, everything tends to get rusty out here in the salty sea air! We are definitely paying attention though and realize that refrigerators are our number one complaint, so hopefully by the next time you're here it won't be a complaint any longer.