“My New Happy Place”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crescent City
Crescent Beach Motel
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
DC, USA
“My New Happy Place”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A friend and I stumbled upon the Crescent Beach Motel while traveling between California and Oregon. We didn't expect much for the price of the rooms ($67 for his facing 101, $80 for mine facing the beach). What we got was a bargain.

The motel is a little outside of town, close enough to be convenient but far enough away to be quiet. The rooms are small and basic, but comfortable enough and absolutely spotless. The bedding even smells nice.

As other reviewers have noted, don't expect big chain amenities. There are no phones, coffee makers, fridges, or microwaves in the rooms. Cell service is spotty if you have AT&T. The wifi is fast and reliable, though. (I'm actually using it to write this review!)

Oceanfront rooms open to a boardwalk overlooking attractive landscaping and a beautiful cove. It takes less than a minute to walk down to the beach.

The staff is wonderfully friendly and helpful.

We liked this place so much that we stayed again when our travels took us back through town. I don't expect to get out this way often, but you can bet that I'll stay here every time I do.

Room Tip: Spend the extra $13 for an oceanfront room!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank shesquing
Christopher J, Manager at Crescent Beach Motel, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words! We hope that you can visit again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Clarkston, Washington
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is an old fashioned hotel in a small town. Don't expect big chain amenities. The price was right, it was clean, and there was not a better location anywhere in town. We literally stepped out of the door of our room onto the beach. It doesn't get any better. The mattress was adequate, the salt air had us sleeping like babies. Ther is not breakfast offereed other than coffee and some oatmeal, but who cares. Give it a try!! Be sure to ask for a room facing the ocean. We were in room 129.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the ocean side!!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Idaho2some
Christopher J, Manager at Crescent Beach Motel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for visiting!
Red Bluff, California, United States
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My husband and I absolutely loved this place.... Ocean front view and the price was right. I'm not one that needs a lot of fancy stuff, so it was perfect. As a matter of fact we will be staying there again at the beginning of april. We will be bringing friends that have never been there. I know they will love it. I cant wait to sit on the deck with my bff and a bottle of wine. In my opinion this place is perfect for a little get away!!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Sarah W
Christopher J, Manager at Crescent Beach Motel, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Thank you Sarah! We look forward to seeing you and your friends in April! Let us know if you need anything.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This motel was a great place to stop for the night. It's basic and dated, but very pleasant, clean and good value for the money. The WiFi was excellent and you can't beat the beach access and view of the ocean. Instead of driving to a restaurant, I'd advise picking up something to eat and a bottle of wine, then sit on the deck and watch the sun set over the Pacific.
A serve yourself, basic breakfast is included.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Neil M
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on route to portland from San Fran. It's basic but who cares when you can sit on the veranda in the morning, watch the sun come up and drink coffee. It's cheap and cheerful. Loved it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BigT_11
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Being right on the beach is great, but it barely makes up for the poor room. With an off-season rate of $88, it was kind of high. Would not return, even though we got to sleep to the noise of the waves.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank TheCheerfulGivers
Denver, CO
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful time during our 2 night stay at this hotel. How can you beat a location right ON THE BEACH!
Check in was quick and easy and I thought the lady who we talked with was very pleasant.
We had a room which was non-smoking, ocean view and had a queen size bed.
Our room was (compared to many 'chain' hotels) small, although I thought well arranged. And very clean. I've read the revews regarding no wifi, phone, etc. and I must admit I'm not one who cares a great deal about those amenities when there is a beach out my front door. We did have a nice flat sreen TV in our room (watched some football on sunday). I'm not sure if all rooms have flat screens.
The motel is maybe a 1/2 mile south of Crescent City. I saw that it had rooms that faced Hwy 101 and rooms that were ocean views. There is a deck that runs in front of all the rooms with chairs for people to sit in. There is signs posted regarding no pets and no smoking on the deck. I did notice a couple people smoking near the parking lot and off the deck on the sand, but they were not on the deck.
There is hot water, coffee, tea available most of the day and a restaurant just down the road (maybe a 1/2 mile).
One other thing to be aware of. There is a fog horn that can be heard at times through the night. I live in Colorado so I'm not really used to this. I think you would hear it no matter where you were on the beach. So maybe bring ear plugs if you're a light sleeper? Of course then you wouldn't hear the ocean.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view - the sound of the waves is worth it!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Oceanfront Lodge
#15 of 19 in Crescent City
Quality Inn & Suites Redwood Coast
Holiday Inn Express Klamath Redwood Nt'l Park Area

Been to Crescent Beach Motel? Share your experiences!