“Good place to stay”

Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Acton
“Good place to stay”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Great location. Clean room and enjoyed our stay. Close to all and great value. Enjoyed proximty to harbor. Will return again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here on a road trip without booking ahead of time. Room was nice and clean. Wifi was very slow but was available at no cost. Frig and microwave were nice and helpful as we were traveling with perishable food. Close to the ocean (just across the street).

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kenai, Alaska
Reviewed October 1, 2012

During out trip down the west coast, we did an over-niter at this hotel. Bad mistake!. Our 1st impression of the building was that it was a bit worn. The room was a budget room. I'm ok with that. It appeared clean, but when I turned the top sheet back, I came face to face with one of my biggest fears. HAIR!!!. There was hair at both the head and foot of the bed. I'm sure that not all of it was off someone's head either. It was obvious that the sheets hadn't been changed. When I spoke to the lady at the desk about it, I got the "deer in the headlights " look. I never did get an answer.

The breakfast area is a joke. It's in the room where you check in. I can say it's a lobby 'cause it's so small. It has 2 maybe 3 small tables to sit at.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
CLOVIS
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The room was better than average. The staff was friendly. The motel was close to several restaurants. The noise level at the motel was minimal.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Florence
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I've stayed in many Super 8's and have found them to be pretty nice. Not this one. 1. When I went to register I had to wait 10-minutes while the girl helped an elderly man set-up his cell phone. I almost walked out and I regret that I didn't do so. 2. The room key didn't work, when I returned to registration, she just handed me another key (without re-keying it) and said try this different room. 3. The key for that room didn't work. When I returned to registration, she said "you just don't know how to do it!" She then proceeded to "re-key" the card this time and walked with me to the room and the key now worked. 4. The room was dingy, with holes in the bedspread and worn brown spots on the toilet seat. 5. The wireless password didn't work. 6. The tv occasionally sputtered and froze up (in fairness to the motel, that wasn't necessarily their fault). Overall, not a great experience.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Rogue River, Oregon
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My wife and I wanted out of town for the weekend so we ran over to the Coast and stayed here. The Hotel is older and has been refreshed several times. It is clean and quiet. We asked for the most remote room and never heard a thing from the other guests. I had the window open as we were on the 2nd floor so we could enjoy the fresh ocean air and we could hear the sea lions in the harbor across the street. What great music to fall asleep too. The hotel is pretty basic but the cost is right. Great place for a quick weekend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple