“Probably the Most Popular “Up Scale” Restaurant in Crescent City”
Review of northwoods restaurant - CLOSED

northwoods restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Located in the Northwoods Best Western motel
Reviewed August 7, 2014

On a weeknight we had to wait about 15 minutes for a table, but the wait was certainly worthwhile. The service was very good. The food was excellent and appropriately priced. As a vegetarian I was disappointed that the menu did not offer any vegetarian choices, but the waitress explained that that something could be done to accommodate my needs. The Northwood is one of the few restaurants in Crescent City that is open after 8 pm, even in the summer.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

Northwoods said on the phone they had fresh caught salmon, halibut and sole from the local dock. They were out of the sole so I chose halibut, at a high $25. plus the 7.5% Ca tax, and it was rancid. My wife agreed that it was spoiled fish. I told the waitress and asked her to pass it on. She returned to apologize and say that she had told management. No one came from management to offer an alternative or make amends and I felt cheated. Rather than have a scene I paid the bill, for 2 of us a total of $60 including tax and 20% tip for an inedible meal in an unprepossessing motel restaurant.. I'd say they badly need new management and quality control, monitor the quality of their food, taste the food they cook before they serve it, and modify their prices. And I thought the least I can do is warn others.

2  Thank mdriscollrj
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We had a late dinner there last week. It was after 9 PM so there were not many places still serving in Crescent City. The meal was very good, the service was good, although the food took too long, considering the few patrons still in the restaurant that late.

I'd go there again. I saw several other items on the menu that looked good for a future visit. My cobb salad was superb.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Northwoods restaurant offers decent food; fish and chips was excellent. Price was slightly higher than expected for a casual restaurant but then, quality often comes at a price.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Service was very slow and food was only average. Disappointed since this place was ranked 15th of all the places in Crescent City.

1  Thank TOM A