Bayview Inn
Oceanfront Lodge(Crescent City)
$99
Lighthouse Inn(Crescent City)(Great Value!)
$89
$128
$116
BestWestern.com
Motel 6 Crescent City(Crescent City)
$50
Redwood Inn(Crescent City)
$65
Anchor Beach Inn(Crescent City)
$76
$80
QualityInn
Ocean View Inn & Suites(Crescent City)(Great Value!)
$89
Hotels.com
All reviewsapple peddlerrestaurant next doorbay viewroom was cleanfell shortfree wifi worked wellreasonable ratescable tvthird floora great place to staygreat roomnice staymotelreceptionistoceaneurekashampoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 30, 2010

Exhausted on our drive back to Washington State from San Jose, California after the death of my sister-in-law, this hotel was an oasis to us: a beautiful room stocked with plenty of towels, soap, shampoo, and the like; a refrigerator/microwave/coffeemaker; supremely comfortable bed; and wonderfully quiet room with a view...all for a remarkably reasonable price. There were, as others have mentioned, the occasional sounds of water running through pipes. However, as odd as this sounds? We found it more soothing than annoying, and it wasn't a sound that kept us awake. The staff we encountered were *amazing*: very friendly and helpful. We genuinely loved it there and would recommend it to anyone. I very much hope that we can return for happier reasons next time and enjoy a longer stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Caoimhe12
Reviewed August 8, 2010

Every time a room above, below or beside us turned on water or flushed the toilet it SCREAMED through our room. We asked for a different room for the second night and they graciously moved us to a larger room and one on the 3rd floor. We did get a better nights sleep but we could still hear our neighbors water.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2010

Love it love it love it! My husband and I (boyfriend at the time), ended up staying here by accident during a trip to California nearly 4 years ago, we drove through Eureka which is about 89 miles South of Crescent City because we wanted to stay further North. Little did we know that the 3 baby towns between the two did not have adequite facilities so we kept on going until we reached Crescent City. It was about 11:00 and we had no clue where we were. We say Bayview and decided it looked very nice so we took a chance on it. The lady behind the counter (yes, I still remember this after 4 years), was VERY nice and VERY enthusiastic. Our room was around $75.00 or so and was VERY nice. Large room. Great location. Right next to the ocean. Just this weekend my (now) husband and I went back to the coast and stayed at Bayview again! I was VERY excited to see if it was just as wonderful as I remembered or if it was just "new relationship bliss". The hotel is STILL wonderful! Very cute from the outsite. Quaint, white and a bit old fashion looking. It has two buildings and the back side of each building faces the ocean so be sure to ask for that view if you want to see the water. Its next to a diner and across from Cheveron so you have access to everything you would need! The inside has a stained glass door entry way and burl polished counter top. Beautiful! This time there was a gentleman behind the counter. He was the funniest guy I have met in a very long time. Super funny, super nice and very helpful! He asked if we'd ever been there before and I told him yes. I decided to pitch me for a suite. I went for it and paid $125.00 (plus tax) for a "suite" because it was the same price as the room we'd just gotten the night before in Fort Bragg which was more like a Motel 6. I was very excited to see it! The room did NOT disappoint. It was located in the building next door and faced the ocean. It was on the 3rd floor and was HUGE! About twice the size of a usual room. It included a huge vanity, HOT TUB and private BALCONEY! (REALLY!?!? $125.00 for all of that ON THE BEACH!?) It was amazing! Other ammenities in the room were little things that some hotels dont even offer any more such as a hairdryer, coffee maker, iron and iron board. NONE of the items were bolted down which was very nice and gave you a little feeling of home. The TV was brand new and worked great, bathroom clean, everything smelt fresh. We were very happy! The best part of the hotel and something that adds a ton of charm is they still use real keys! They dont offer a breakfast and they dont have wi-fi. (Get out and grab some breakfast and eat on the beach and dont bring your laptop if your on vacation is how I see it so this wasnt a problem for me.) My husband and I really cannot find a thing wrong with this place and the fact that we had 2 great experiences 4 years apart really solidifies that this place is wonderful. I would recommend it to ANYONE and EVERYONE!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank iansgal51510
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Clean, large room. Great lighting throughout, spacious bathroom counters. Friendly front office staff. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2009

We spent one night in Crescent City--it seems like a very economically depressed town with little to recommend it, They have many motels right on Highway 101, all with vacancy signs lit up. We stayed at the Bayview Inn. The price was right $74 for a King room. It had free wireless internet, a fridge, a microwave and TV with HBO. It was a budget no frills motel but the price was better than most, the room was clean, and the best was comfortable.

1  Thank MaryCath