“A trip back in time...not in a good way”
Review of Bayview Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crescent City
Bayview Inn
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Reviewed July 25, 2013

This place was a second choice as the higher rated hotel was booked solid. The woman at the front desk was friendly and we were just grateful to have a room. The room was in a separate building next to the raunchy restaurant at the top of the stairs. I was a little apprehensive when you see fellow travelers (possibly from Pelican Bay) sitting in front of their windows chain smoking Newports and having some beers...car doors locked, check...front door locked,check. The room looked more like a hospital room than a motel room, sink right next to the bed with a long fluorescent lamp running along the top. The tv came in fuzzy and wifi was great if you stood by the window facing the highway otherwise it was nonexistent. It was clean enough and it was nice having a mini fridge. The bed had seen better days and you could feel each and every spring poking through. I have stayed in worse but hopefully will not have to go back ever!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank rob_g03

Reviewed July 22, 2013

On our way to Redwoods. Great deal! $59 for 2 adults. Room was spacious, very clean and bed was comfy. We liked so much that we stayed another night! Restaurant next door. I don't look for swanky. I look for clean and good price for senior citizen's budget. This was very clean and didn't break the bank. Also, ocean was behind the motel. No ocean view, but could walk to the ocean.

Room Tip: Rooms on back of building are quiet. No traffic behind motel.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

The room was half the price of the Best Western so we saved big there. Room was very spacious although dated. Bathroom was clean, no mold but the shower curtain was very smelly. The bed killed my husbands back. No pool or breakfast, but again was a cheap place to rest our heads. The wifi worked which is always a plus!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Altho the front desk attendant was pleasant I should have known from the price that this wasn't for me. Room fairly large but looks out on parking lot and street. Several of the male guests made me uncomfortable with their demeanor. I wish the chairs in the room were wooden or plastic as I am concerned about sanitation with so much textile. I will have to say it was quiet which is a plus. I most definitely will not be back.

Room Tip: I could not recommend this property.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

We stay in the hotel on june 27, 2013. The room looks clean but smell like animal urine(cat) , we were tired from driving but i couldn't cause by smell, next day i call the front desk and let them know about it they send someone, and the person egree with me about the ugly smell, but when we check out and i ask what will be done in this case, they say the smell is cause by new carpet. wish is ridiculous. I am very disopoint about it. the room number is 211.I

Room Tip: maybe offering a discount in cases like this.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

This was a great place to stay following a fun, but tiring day, at the Trees of Mystery. Great service, view, beds, and atmosphere. It was a relaxing retreat. We did have one issue with someone's faulty car alarm, which of course was not the Inn's fault. However, the gentleman at the front desk handled it well, was very professional about it. We'll be back!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 22, 2013

We stayed here one night while traveling south through Crescent City. Basic room but large and the room was very clean and comfortable. Great value based on the rates at most of the other motels. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple