“Outstanding camping and hiking” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park

Jedediah Smith Redwoods State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Part of the Redwoods National and State Parks system, this state park was established in 1929.
Camarillo, California
265 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 264 helpful votes
“Outstanding camping and hiking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stop and get out of the way of the motor homes and trucks on Highway One. I have camped on 4 continents and still get excited when I can return to Jedediah Smith State Park. The ground is always damp and cool so bring an insulated pad for under your sleeping bag. I have used a motor home in the campground but it just is not the same as placing a tent back in the trees and listening to the breeze. Do hike to the ocean along the creek, or go part of the way. The ferns are calming and the ocean is a blast.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Cavydad

Cambridge, Massachusetts
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Best Redwood Park Hands Down”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

I hate to give out the secret, because I don't want to see this park get overrun -- but if you love Redwoods, this has to be the best. Its large, remote, and you can spend hours without seeing anyone in some of the most amazing forests I have ever seen. I have been twice now, and have redwoodhikes dot com to thank for helping me find it. I have no affiliation with the site, but have used it to seek out the smaller Redwood parks with great success!

3 Thank erk42
Spokane, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“The original skyscrapers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

My first trip to the Redwoods. We drove on both sides of the Smith River. Beautiful, quiet, alone with the towering giants. They took my breath away! My husband has been through other parts of the Redwoods, but this was his favorite.

Crescent City, California
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Such a beautiful river!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Smith River is one of the few un-dammed rivers in California--and it is BEAUTIFUL!! Any time of the year is a great time to visit, but summer allows some swimming, too. My favorite time of the year is late fall--the trees are beautiful.

Johnson City, Tennessee
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“amazing giants”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

We felt so privileged to walk among these amazing trees. It was quiet, a few people were there. We walked the loop, an easy walk, and want to return soon.