“How exciting!”
Review of Ocean World

Ocean World
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Home to an amazing variety of sea life to teach children and adults about the wonderful ocean world. We are one of the best privately owned small aquariums in the United States and are open daily! Our gift shop provides unique nautical gifts for men, women, teens, and children as well as hand crafted products that enhance any home decor. We're located six hours north of San Francisco, in beautiful Crescent City, California. Ocean World is your Pacific getaway in the heart of the Redwood Coast.
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My 6 yr old grandson is still sporting 10 fingers and an ear to ear smile, as he got to pet a shark!

1  Thank Kenzisgumma
in 44 reviews
"tanks"
in 13 reviews

Reviewed July 16, 2014

I had an afternoon free on a recent trip to Crescent City and decided to check out the aquarium. I was glad I did. I loved seeing all of the different kinds of fish downstairs, petting the sharks and seeing the sea lion show. I thought the tour was rather short and would have loved to stay and watch the fish swim around downstairs a little longer. However, I had a good time.

2  Thank jules_ann_cat
Reviewed July 14, 2014

My kids LOVED this place! They asked over and over if they could go back. They loved the animal shows and loved the tide pools where they could pick up animals. It was affordable and enjoyable!

1  Thank StefanieS979
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Pleasantly surprised at the quality and professional presentation of this small aquarium, Ashley our guide on this tour was friendly and knowledge and really seemed to like what she does. The show at the end is great and entertaining, the harbor seals and sea lions are great show stealers.

2  Thank CBeckel
See more reviews
Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the Ocean View Inn next door and my son wanted to go to Ocean World because he loves anything with animals.
My husband and other son went along just for something to do. We all expected a corny tourist trap; spend money and be disappointed.
We couldn't have been more wrong. All four of us enjoyed it immensely.
We held starfish, watched the seal/sea lion show which was very entertaining and checked out the aquariums.
The shark petting tank was so cool!
My younger son was afraid to pet the sharks at first, but after seeing everyone else enjoying it he was brave enough to try it and didn't want to stop.
The sharks were very gentle and seemed to like it.
The gift shop has the usual items, but mixed in were things we didn't expect and actually liked.
The staff was friendly, knowledgable and actually seemed to care about the visitors.
Worth the trip!