“Big servings, friendly service, casual atmosphere, good food”

Fisherman's Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Orange, California, United States
“Big servings, friendly service, casual atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

We enjoyed dinner at this restaurant after spending the day hiking in the nearby Jedediah Smith State Park - I had the salmon and my husband had the Ling Cod. Both dinners came with choice of soup or salad, potato or rice, sauteed vegetables and optional dinner roll on request, which we did not request. My husband chose the salad bar and rice, which was a generous serving, and I had the clam chowder and baked potato, also good-sized servings. Even though we were very hungry after hiking all day, it was a lot of food but we had spotted the amazing pies on the way in and I had an impulse to try out the strawberry cream pie, which was delicious. We split the serving as, once again, it was a large slice - the prices were reasonable, the service was very friendly, prompt and attentive. The restaurant was clean and my only complaint was unrelated to the restaurant itself - a family with a small child was seated next to us and the little girl apparently gets what she wants by shrieking loudly in protest, which was quite ear-splitting and unpleasant. The server tried her best to mitigate the situation but it was really a family problem, not one she could easily control, and the restaurant was packed so there wasn't any other table we could move to. Fortunately, the food and everything else was enough to compensate for the occasional shrill outcry and we still enjoyed our meal quite a bit.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Lynda A

Houston, Texas
“Good Food and Friendly Service”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We had a very good meal here when we stayed in Crescent City. The food was delicious, and our waitress was very friendly and very good. She even handled some pretty difficult customers nearby in a very professional manner. I thought the atmosphere was cool too. I definitely recommend this place if you are in the area.

• Visited June 2014
London
“Good value with good service”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We are here three time, once for dinner and twice for breakfast. For dinner, we tried to choose things that came with vegetables were not too fried. We found this to be extremely difficult because and opted for salmon with sautéed vegetables. My partner chose mashed potatoes and was astonished when they arrived covered in gravy (with salmon). Maybe this is an American thing? We are English and had never encountered it before. For breakfast we had fresh fruit and shared an omelet with hash browns, which was good. The staff were friendly and the service was good. It was great to attentive staff fill up our coffee cups, which is something that definitely doesn't happen in England!

• Visited July 2014
Eureka, California
“Good salad bar Great service”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

After a bad experience at a nearby restaurant we tried here. What a difference! Greeted right away, nice clean booth, cheery smiles! I had the roast beef sandwich and salad bar. Sandwich was big, not a half like I expected! Hubby had the turkey noodle soup. Good noodles but the turkey was actually lunch meat?! The salad bar is a good choice. Fresh lettuce and all the fixings. Not a fancy place but good for a quick lunch.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank norcalhummingbirds
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Nice people”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We got the seafood platter and neither of us could finish it. The waitress said the fish and chips and the seafood platter were their best items.
I liked the atmosphere, the friendliness of the staff, and general flavor of the restaurant. I'd probably go there again.

Visited July 2014