“Clean, spacious rooms”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Crescent City
Curly Redwood Lodge
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Crescent City
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Website for motel has page for making your reservation. Beware when using it is not secure when providing your credit card info; there is no HTTP(s) (secured site) in web address. This is unsafe to transmit credit card data over an unsecure connection and I would not recommend it
That said, called motel and made reservation.
Fast, professional transaction and she explained room rates/location, etc even though I had stayed here once before. No pool or restaurant but plenty of eating places within easy distance.

Check in was fast, easy. No smoking in any rooms, period. Ditto for no pets in rooms. This is a plus IMO.
Parking is covered for all downstairs rooms, right in front of your room.
Room was clean and very spacious. Large queen bed, desk area, bathroom with shower.
TV is not a big screen but sufficient for me.
Even though this place is adjacent to busy Hwy 101, I rarely heard traffic noise and slept very well in a very comfortable bed. Beds are box springs/mattress on solid platform, seemed to be low to the ground for me, but may just have been my perceptions.
My only disappointment in the rooms are that there is no mini fridge or microwaves in them, which would be nice and are fast becoming a standard feature in most places today.

Bathroom is on the small side, with shower, toilet, sink, but sufficient. Motel provides soaps but no shampoo/conditioner or lotions, so if you need these be prepared to bring your own or buy it in town, they are not available here.
Ice machine located outside adjacent to the office. Office has coffee and hot water when open.

All in all I would recommend this place. It is a clean facility, great value for your $$. I will stay here again when in this area.

Room Tip: Choose downstairs room if you need elevator; there is none. Also, downstairs rooms provide covered p...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank hook026
There are newer reviews for Curly Redwood Lodge

Reviewed June 1, 2013

The Curly Redwood Lodge was conveniently located near the harbor. Good restaurants are very close. Great value! No bells and whistles or fancy accommodations -- just a large room, very clean. Very comfortable bed. Friendly front desk with knowledge about local area and literature about local area and menus for many area restaurants. Bathroom is not large but it had more counter space than most motels and hotels. Room was quiet.

A plus (for me anyway): I could connect my laptop directly to an Ethernet connection (faster than wi fi). I had my own Ethernet cable and I don't know whether or not they could have provided me with one because I didn't need to ask.

Quibble: no easily accessible open electric outlets near bed.

I stayed one night as I began a vacation trip through the Redwood coast. I would unhesitatingly recommend it and would stay there again.

Room Tip: I travelled at the beginning of Memorial Day Weekend and chose to stay in a second story room rather...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Benjy B
Reviewed May 30, 2013

May 21st - My friend and I really enjoyed this very retro motel. The rooms were big and comfortable and you can't beat the price. Wi-Fi Internet work just fine on my I-Pad. The TV itself was outdated, no HD here, you just except that it goes along with the rertro theme. The covered parking was great for anyone traveling on a motorcycle. It rained that night and continued to shower in the morning. It was nice to have a dry space to pack up our dry bikes before heading north. Both desk clerks were very friendly and helpful. If you want all the modern conveniences then you better select one of the mega chain motels, but they won't have the charm this place does.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Timothy G
Reviewed May 29, 2013

There's an Internet problem, and that's a shame, because this place is roomy, clean, styled, and a bargain. Genuine redwood paneling, solid redwood doors throughout - the kind of motel that should be an easy favorite over the typical plastic motel. Curly Redwood, please get your act together on the Internet; It's an essential for travelers. Spend a few bucks and do it right. A rightful very good rating goes to "average" because of the frustration.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank IvanZ97205
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is hands down the best value in Crescent City. We have stayed many places over the years in this area and this place is our go to. Inexpensive, clean, quiet. Absolutely no frills, TV is basic , internet is somewhat reliable and furnishings are functional. There is some history behind the lodge which makes it somewhat more interesting then the other locations on the 101. Service/cleanliness has been consistent in the 5 times that we have stayed there which is appreciated.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SnowyNMountainPlover
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Curly Redwood Lodge had great character. The staff was friendly, the location was great, the atmosphere and decor was very cool and the room was nice and clean. The bed was a bit uncomfortable and the pillows were rather thin, however. Overall it was charming and the restaurant across the street was yummy!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maureen H
Reviewed May 19, 2013

In Crescent City, I encountered the most ignorant, offensive person I've ever met in the hotel industry, and he was the reception clerk at the motel we had just booked into - 'Curly's Motel'. When I told him that the wifi wasn't working in my room, I received a tirade of abuse in which he refused to believe there was a problem and accused me of calling him a liar when I insisted there was. He even said "If I had a dime for every customer who had said the same as you..." basically confirming there WAS a problem with their network. The owner appeared and was much more polite but still insisted that the issue lay with my netbook. Mainly because of the rudeness, my friend and I asked for a refund and left for another nearby motel, the Super 8 where the wifi worked perfectly. Curly Redwood Lodge does not deserve to be patronised - DON'T GO THERE!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ann W
crlodge701, Owner at Curly Redwood Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

When management brought a laptop out to show you that there was wireless reception, there is nothing else we can do. It is not our responsibility to fix a guest laptop, tablet or any other wireless device. It was clearly working for us on more than one device. You received a refund and went elsewhere, EVERYONE WAS HAPPY!