We stayed for three nights to visit the redwood parks. Terrific stay! The rooms are quite large - a couple with children really could stay here and not be tripping over each other. The furniture and decor are all very 50's (and by that I mean "well-maintained and restored" type of 50's, not "Aunt Vi really needs to re-do the kitchen") - I loved it! The staff were friendly on check-in and very helpful with our questions about the area, restaurants, etc. Not much of a view, but that's the case for most places here.
- Despite being on the 101, it was very quiet.
- About a 5 minute walk to Good Harvest and Northwood restaurants; a couple fish places and the wharf are across the road.
- Free coffee in the lobby.
- Covered parking in front of each unit (ground floor - I believe parking for the second floor is in the back).
- Did I mention I loved the decor? The chairs, tables, lamps, cool colors - swell, gimme a martini!
- Scratchy towels
- The only mirror is in the bathroom (staff told us the original redwood-framed room mirrors mostly disappeared over the years :-( Why do people do this?)
- Ok, the bedspreads are more 70's reject than 50's cool. Burn them now.
I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built from one curly redwood tree that produced 57,000 board feet of lumber! The clean, comfortable lodge is Northern California's most unique redwood lodge on America's Wild Rivers Coast ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Curly Redwood Hotel Crescent City
- Curly Redwood Crescent City