“Awesome Place”

Anna Wulf House B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Crescent City
Anna Wulf House B&B
Virginia
“Awesome Place”
Reviewed July 19, 2009

Mitzi, Tina and Paula were awesome hostesses. Stayed during the 4th weekend and the activities in the town were neat. The rooms were decorated in classic Victorian decor and were warm and cozy. They made our stay special and we felt right at home. The breakfast was delightful and tasty, the were very accommodating to everyone's needs. I will be recommending to anyone planning a trip through crescent city and on my next trip I will be staying again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Maryland
Reviewed July 19, 2009

We arrived later than expected at the Anna Wulf House due to a collision with a deer on Hwy 199 (amazing how they can leap out of nowhere!) We cautiously limped the remaining 20 miles into Crescent City and easily found the AWH. Our host, Mitzi Travis, was very supportive -- she took one look at the car and said, "Would you two like a glass of wine?"

Given the late hour, we were concerned about still finding dinner. Mitzi immediately volunteered to fix something for us, but we ended up getting carry-out at a Thai restaurant a short drive away. We were going to walk but Mitzi insisted on driving us. She stayed with us for our late dinner in the AWH dining room and was back early the next morning to fix a scrumptious breakfast.

We were the only guests that particular night and so received the tour of the place. We stayed in the Mistress Room, which is decorated with various suggestions of the oldest profession. We both thought that the bed was about the most comfortable we had ever experienced. The Mayor's Room next door has several pictures of fillies (get it?). And the Honeymoon Suite is the largest room and has a private bath.

The AWH offers free Wi-Fi Internet which was very helpful as we began the ordeal of arranging for a replacement rental car, and the reporting procedures.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChesapeakeSailor
Portland,OR
Reviewed June 12, 2009

We recently stayed at the Anna Wulf house and can't say enough about the warmth and enthusiasm of the hosts, Paula and Mitzi. As you can easily see from their website, the house is charming and the rooms are exactly as pictured. It's exactly what you would expect from a high-class bed and breakfast. But you may not expect to meet such fun, interesting and genuinely caring hosts as Paula and Mitzi. I'm pretty sure I would stay at any location where they were the hosts!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
cape cod
Reviewed May 19, 2009

A very small and clean B&B, located at the beginning of the many Redwood Forest National and State Parks. Our room was large, clean but the bathroom was across the Hall so that should be noted and while it was ours alone, they do not rent the other room by this bathroom, I think most would prefer a private one in their room.

The breakfast was terrific, with French Toast filled with a surprise. Nice fruit and anything else you could want. The B&B was very helpful in making dinner reservations, the Redwoods are just 15 minutes away.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fuzzyviews
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 7, 2009

Mitzi, Julia and Tina provided a positively memorable stay in Crescent City. Named after an influential local citizen, Anna Wulf Bed and Breakfast is located in an charming, purple Victorian House and unique to the area because it was one of the few that survived the tsunami of 1964. Our group stayed in the three (3) rooms upstairs. Two (2) of the rooms share a bathroom in the hallway while the honeymoon suite had it's own bathroom. Breakfast was hot, delicious and filling and the hosts were charming. They provided us with oatmeal raisin cookies for our day trip through the National Redwood Forest, only about a 10 to 15 minute drive away. The bed and breakfast is relatively close to Battery Point Lighthouse and much photographed St. George Lighthouse. If you forgot anything at home, Rite-Aid and Walgreen's are less than four (4) blocks away. Restaurants close early in the small town of Crescent City, so call and plan ahead.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Crescent City
Reviewed May 5, 2009

My wife and I stayed here on Valentine's evening, and it was a delightful experience.

The rooms are charming, fun and clean. The hosts are wonderful and warm. The breakfast the next morning was outstanding.

I can't recommend this place enough.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Bonny Doon, Calif
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Discovering the Anna Wulf House is like finding a precious gem in a box of costume jewelry. No faux stones here, this lovely B&B easily outshines the local competition. We found this accommodation through the reviews on [this page]. My husband and I were attending my father’s funeral in the community where I spent my childhood. For me, it was not just a matter of a place to stay, I wanted a small, intimate setting for a memorial reception…I wanted to avoid the confines of a sterile banquet room. All I had to do was inquire and Voila! Mitzi and Paula, a charming, dynamic mother daughter duo, created a perfect lunch and ambiance for the occasion, complete with Frank Sinatra in the background. It was better than being at home because everything was meticulously orchestrated without my involvement. I was free to greet the guests and visit with old friends.

This historic home boasts an excellent, central location, lovely rooms, comfy beds, interesting period decor, and scrumptious, artfully presented food (ask about the cranberry bundt cake made with almond paste). The owners are as fun and gracious as you would wish your best friends to be.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple