“Best Dollar Value in Puntnam”
Review of Jessica Tuesday's

Jessica Tuesday's
Ranked #4 of 49 Restaurants in Putnam
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Features small plates, a seasonal menu, innovative cuisine, desserts, full bar with signature cocktails. Also has a gluten-free menu. Come visit us!
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Anytime you are in Putnam and looking for a place to eat try Jessica's; you won't go wrong. Best soup, salad, and sandwiches and they have expanded to full meals. The service is always great and Jessica is a delite who watches to make sure every detail is perfect.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

Our son has lived nearby for some time and every party with too many people for all home cooking featured take-out from this wonderful kitchen; i do in particular recall many memorable soups both hot an cold in addition to the more standard fare. All well presented; hot soups picked up in crock-pots! So, when told "they are now open for dinner", it was an easy choice after a day with grand-kids. Jessica Tuesday's did not disappoint; as before the outside seating in the west has a nice evening sun while they also have the other, larger on the east-side in addition to a few tables indoors. The food was excellent; i enjoyed the sweet potato gnochi with pulled pork after an excellent, chilled pea-soup. My better half was in particular impressed with a nice mushroom soup followed by a traditional, but excellent chicken puttanesca. Everything is fresh and changes with the seasons; well worth a stop (as is the rest of Putnam!) when you race by on I395. Even if not at dinner when reservations can be smart when outdoor seating not possible then stop by for a great sandwich.

1  Thank Norway_in_Stamford
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I visited this place Fall of 2013, and was IMPRESSED with the quality of the dinner entrees, chicken, fish and kale.
NOT SO this time.

Our waitress was sweet and pleasant, but she had a strange preoccupied demeanor. She didn't seem to want to tell us about the specials...a friend of mine from a larger party came over to me when she was leaving, and told me about a 'scallop special' that she loved, but felt was very expensive. Scallop special? we weren't told about it. Maybe they ran out...but how were we to know when we had to ask her to tell us about the nightly special list. It wasn't forthcoming nor described when we arrived. She paid scant attention to us when a larger (more affluent?) party came through the door.

The waitress is also the barkeep. She made my husband the cherry bang bang, which he felt was weak and watery. My citrus drink was delicious, but they should use fresh lemon and lime instead of sour mix. The place could really distinguish their drink by doing so. I get a reaction to the sour mix, but love citrus and wanted to try it anyway.

We started the evening with the dandelion green salad which was fantastic, loaded with high quality sausage and small delicious peppers that you don't find anywhere else. But the promised chick peas,which I love, were nowhere to be found and our waitress chatted with others and a delivery man with her head turned away, we could not get her attention to let her know about the chick peas. NBD. I mentioned it to her when she came to clean the places, and she looked at me like I had three heads, but did not acknowledge me..Not a good idea, Waitressing 101: Paying patrons do not want to feel like they are in the wrong for bringing up a mistake in the kitchen.

We had the flat iron steak and the mahi-mahi. Although the steak portion was large, it was steamed in its own marinade, without that crusty caramelized exterior that one longs for in a decently prepared steak.

My husband refused to complain about the steak, but he did complain about the rice, which we both found lacked the flavor of lemongrass as was described in the menu. I also thought it needed more cooking time, but I don't often order red rice, so perhaps it is supposed to be firm.

My quinoa and mango salad was great, but the mahi-mahi was a very thin small portion in which you tasted the salty seasoning rather than the sweetness of the fish.
The dessert was a lemon drop cheesecake from 'the factory', which although very good, I would have appreciated something more original, but that's just my preference.

Maybe Jessica Tuesday's is caving in to popular demands to make a buck, but those original unique ways of treating the 'main meat/fish', etc are sadly missing. I prefer flavor over portion.

I inquired as to the whereabouts of the previous chef. Apparently he is now employed in Seattle.

1  Thank music1959
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I tried Jessica Tuesday's for the first time Friday night per a friend's suggestion. We have parked in front of here many times over the years, but had failed to wander in. It is a beautiful, yet cozy 10 or so table restaurant. Warm and welcoming from the moment you walk in. Karen was our server, but Jess(the only other server) shared in all the duties to make the experience seamless. The burrata cheese and marmalade app was excellent. Though a bit large for just 2, we made her take it away so we would stop eating it! I ordered the braised short rib. It was cooked perfectly, tender and moist. The roasted parsnip, carrot and potato were executed perfectly. Caramelized just enough, but still leaving the veges with a "bite' to them. The parsnip puree was also outstanding. My husband ordered the striped bass with purple potato hash and a kaffir lime broth. This folks, was probably one of the best fish dishes we have ever had. The skin was charred to perfection! The potatoes and broth we almost can't describe! We did not have dessert, we normally do not....but I hear they are wonderful! If you have not been here, GIVE IT A TRY!!! It will NOT DISAPPOINT!!

1  Thank SarahCar_13
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had a great time at Jessica Tuesdays on a Friday night. They have a reservation only policy, which can be discouraging to walk ins, but they took us as we arrived very early before the evening really started. But we were ready for a drink and good meal and were so happy we ate here.

The drinks were imaginative, not terribly potent, but I'm a lightweight, so I was happy! For appetizer we decided on chicken soup, bread and cheese with homemade marmalade, fruity olive oil and kale salad.

I had the most delicious and plentiful preserved lemon raw kale salad with toasted almonds...amazing. Also the cheese plate was equally superb with many layers of flavor. We both loved it, and my husband is a hot dog and beans guy. For dinner my husband ordered chicken and I ordered the fish. The chicken dinner was perfect with great flavor. It was served in a rustic bowl. I took a chance on striped bass and it was delicious, with the most sublime sauce ever, but the serving was somewhat skimpy and for over 20 dollars, you should get more than three mouthfuls of the main dish. there as more bang for your buck with the chicken, although the fish WAS delish.

Desserts we had were the chocolate orange tart and the pavlova fruit meringue.
Not as strong~ although the prices were amazingly cheap, no imagination went into the tart, it was like a hunk of cold chocolate in the shape of a pie slice.
The pavlova had real POTENTIAL, only five dollars! perfectly sliced fruit all fresh and delicious served in a meringue nest drizzled with mango sauce. All perfect except for the stale meringue. This problem could be fixed, meringue could be made day of, they don't have a long shelf life.
Overall a 9 out of 10 and we're picky!
On a side note, the chef is friendly, kind; a real people person. He came out of the kitchen to chat and told us how to make that great kale salad, and it is now a staple at our house!

1  Thank music1959