“Recommend if you enjoy fresh, clean, delicious, relaxing, affordable fare”
Review of Someplace Special

Someplace Special
Ranked #12 of 47 Restaurants in Putnam
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
St. Louis
“Recommend if you enjoy fresh, clean, delicious, relaxing, affordable fare”
Reviewed September 2, 2014

First: The bathroom was near "immaculate" ( I do not use the term loosely, either); the eating area inside and outside appeared and felt "clean" in the best sense.
Second: For the affordable prices, the menu offered a diversity of options for the vegetarians, gluten free, and regular needs. I opted for a grilled Panini with roasted eggplant and mozzarella with veggies, cole slaw, and side salad. The portions were satisfying, very fresh and delicious, pleasing in presentation; much thought and consideration went into this quality dish.
Third yet most important: the service of the waitress (tall blonde hair woman who also works the bar as needed): she was easy going-accommodating, friendly, efficient in her service. The public relations was inviting. The furniture felt comfortable for relaxing while dining.
The only reason I did not give it a 5 star is because I would have selected a veggie burger and/or whole grain bread if that was available; but you can't please everyone. The option I chose was delicious. The service deserves well beyond 5 Star.

• Visited September 2014

Putnam, Connecticut
“Our fav take-out place”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Although I used to say that this place wasn't special, it has definitely gotten better in the last couple years. It is probably our favorite and most go-to place for take out. I love their chicken caesar wrap and my husband enjoys the mushroom spinach wrap, amongst a few other vegetarian options. We do occassionally eat-in there, but more often get take-out. Oh, and they carry my favorite type of wine (moscato)!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank LittleDogLuvr
Loudonville, New York
“Good late lunch”
Reviewed July 16, 2014

It was after two and the place was empty except for another couple. The service was of course great. I liked the fact that the menu has a "seniors and children's " combined menu section. I had a great foot long hotdog with fries for only $5.00 and my wife had a salad which was also great. We can't complain and would stop back again if we are ever in town again.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank john c
Woodstock, Connecticut
“Not again”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

We use to go to Someplace Special every week for years in the late 90's. After a while, the pizza was always overcooked or burned so we stopped going. We decided to try it again today. I like tomato sauce on my pizza, I could not taste the sauce on it at all, you could barely see it. It was one of the worst pizza's I ever had. Will not go back there.

Visited July 2014
TonyP142, Owner at Someplace Special, responded to this review, August 25, 2016
Sorry to be getting back to you so late. The problem you had with your pizza has been addressed so please give us another try so you can see the difference

Sincerely

Tony Owner
stamford, CT
“Not heart smart, as it says in the menus”
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Not fast either! At lunch with only one or two other customers it took about 40 minutes to get our meals. I ordered HEART SMART PIZZA. when it finally arrived, I was dismayed to see that it was smothered in mozzarella, like any other not so smart pizza.

Visited June 2014